What's new

For something different: Commercials you actually like! (2 Viewers)

Mary M S

Screenwriter
Liked the ‘pass it on’ good deed commercial too.
The created for superbowl “Clydesdales” range.
Last yr. there was a car commercial? (Didn’t do them service on brand recognition :D ) which had a musical ditty I was nuts for as the car parts flew in slow mo...hitting the ground...A few times I even turned on my surround sound just to hear the audio tune on that one.
I was hooked on the Internet only “evil twin” commercials, had not laughed so hard all year and dragged every one in I knew to show those promo’s to.. .. The pigeon getting the boot by the bonnet! (or was it the boot by the boot?!) ..the sunroof was over the top. :D

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Lucia Duran said:
I normally mute or turn off commercials, but I will say I do enjoy this one particular ad for an insurance company ( can't think of which)...
Guy bends down to pick up a stuffed animal that a young child sitting in a stroller drops. Next we see the women who was pushing the stroller move a coffee cup away from the edge of the table for some guy. Someone from the coffee shop notices and then does another random act of kindness in turn. This whole commercial is one continueous RAOK until at the end they show the guy from the original RAOK pushing his young child in a stroller and another passerby bends down to pick up a toy the child drops.
It's just a nice commercial.
Awwwwww. i don't think I've ever seen that commercial but that sounds so cute that I kind of wish I had! (Man I find the methodology of commercials fascinating. I guess I am a prime viewer? :))
My big, I guess, criteria for commercials is that they have to be innovative in some way - whether it's because it's a particularly memorable ad or because it makes me look at a product in a way I didn't before. That's a good commercial to me. (Like that LR3 commercial I linked before - that one is excellent because it's different - because normally you see 4x4 commercials involving a lot of shots of the car like rocking through snow and mud and stuff - and it makes the LR look extra cutting edge by playing up how advanced its technology is instead of how "rugged" it is or whatever.)
I saw one of those Citibank ads last night - the one where a tiny old woman sounds like a large black man. Seriously, those ads are *brilliant*.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
From a few years back....Nissan Z car commercial featuring Van Halen's cover of "You Really Got Me"

Janna S

Second Unit
I love the AFLAC commercials, the GEICO caveman commercials, and the puppy at camp who is singing the "Hello Muddah"' song.

And I have always hoped to see a commercial a friend told me about. I think it was for a BBQ grill. It showed a grill with a hamburger or some kind of meat cooking on it, while a voice described its features . . . and in the corner of the picture a dark blob starts to appear, growing slowly larger and taking up more of the screen, until eventually you can see it's a dog's nose getting closer and closer to the food on the grill.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Abby_B said:
I saw one of those Citibank ads last night - the one where a tiny old woman sounds like a large black man. Seriously, those ads are *brilliant*.
Thelma & Norma is my favorite (old ladies with redneck voices talking about motorcycles ). :laugh:

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I actually like the current Geico commercials. Don't know who's doing the voice, but I just find it really pleasant to listen to.

There have been so many Australian/British "hosts" doing those crappy infommercials the past few years, and their accents are very annoying. I don't know what the point is, maybe Mr. & Mrs. Joe Six Pack think the accent lends some sort of credibility to whatever is being sold.

Not that Geico is successful at selling me anything. I checked a few months ago and they wanted more than double what I'm paying for full coverage from Farmers Insurance, but their commercials are actually kind of enjoyable.

Marc L

Stunt Coordinator
Have any of you seen this amazing Honda commercial? What you see is all real, after 606 attempts and 6 million dollors, they finally got it in one take.

The Messin' with Sasquatch commercials are hillarious!
http://www.messinwithsasquatch.com/
click on the video camera.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I miss the Nissan ads from the mid-90s: Dog's Love Trucks!
And the 80s Joe Isuzu ads (He's lying).
I feel we're in an ad lull right now; no classics running nor anything to really excite me.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I like the new DQ Blizzard commercial with the guy trying to stow his luggage in the overhead compartment while the guy in the next seat keeps eating his Blizzard. Luggage guy then proceeds to drop his suitcase on a woman's head...repeatedly...as he tries to stop the other guy from eating his ice cream. :laugh:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
MarkHastings said:
LOL - Yeah, that DQ commercial is great. The look on the guy's face (eating the ice cream) is what makes it so funny. :D
Yeah, he's not just taking a taste, he's trying to scarf down the whole thing in a few seconds (I can't believe he doesn't get a brain freeze). :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks