? for Sherwood Newcastle Owners

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Andrew Pezzo, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Andrew Pezzo

Andrew Pezzo Second Unit

I am trying to decide between a couple of pre/pros and the Sherwood Newcastle P-965 is on my short list, along with the Rotel RSP-1068 and Outlaw 990.

I was wondering if any Sherwood Newcastle owners have a picture handy (even the A-965 or R-965 would be great). I am trying to get a feel for the color as its hard to judge from thier website. Seeing it next to other components would really help.

One feature I really like is the new 7 band EQ and remote included. Of the three pre/pros I am considering its a close call. The P-965 is leading but the 1068 can do some things I like that the others cant (like seperate speaker settings for 2 channel and surround sound - I dont like to use a sub for 2 channel and hate having to go into the menus everytime I want to listen to a few songs). My other concern is that the P-965 and 990 are big, will make getting into my audio rack tricky. The Rotel is by far the better looking unit.

2. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll Supporting Actor

FYI, the Outlaw Model 990 is a modified version of the Newcastle P-965.

3. Legairre

Legairre Supporting Actor

Hi Andrew,
    The color of the p-965 is really hard to judge from the pic on the sherwood site(looks darker then it is). I can snap a pic of mine if you like, but the only way you'll know how close it matches your gear is to see one and hold a peice of your gear next to it. I'm in CT and I noticed your down in Danbury about 30 mins from me. If you like your welcome to come over with a peice of your gear and check how well the colors match and you can also have a listen. Otherwise I'd be happy to post a pic for you.

Legairre

4. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

I just got the 965 combo and the matching SD860 DVD player to replace my Rotel 1098/1075 combo. Unfortunatly for me I waited until the new P965's arrived at my distributors (I'm a dealer now) so it only just arrived on Thursday afternoon and I flew out to visit family thursday night so it still sitting in the box in my living room waiting for me to get home. Anyway as to the color its virtually identical to my Titanium Wenger watch if that helps. I don't really like the look of silver gear in my room so the rest of my equipment is all black. The A965 and SD860 go nicely with them though. I can take some pictures later this week when I get home if you like.

5. Legairre

Legairre Supporting Actor

WOW! Andrew youu went from Rotel to Sherwood? I never though I'd see the day when you bought anything except Rotel. I'm not ac active in Club Rotel as I use to be even though I have an RMB-1095 and RB-1050 powering my 7.2 system. Are yo still involved with club Rotel?

6. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

I'll still drop in on CR but my new role with NextLevel means I'm pretty much tied up here