For Sale: Sony RM-AV2100 Remote Control

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Al_M, May 13, 2002.

1. Al_M

Al_M Stunt Coordinator

Unit is only four months old and in mint condition. I also did the backlight mod to it (which improves how the backlight works).
    Asking $85.00 (US) + shipping (of your choice, but I suggest Fed Ex or UPS).
    OK -- $75.00!
    I will pay for Fed Ex Ground shipping!
    All original packaging and manual included.
    I prefer PayPal for payment, but will accept money order.
    US (48 states) ONLY please.

2. Jereme D

Jereme D Stunt Coordinator

What is the modification? I have this remote and am curious about it. I did a search for some info, but I did not get any results.

3. Al_M

Al_M Stunt Coordinator

If you are interested in the backlight mod, e-mail me for further direction. Or you can just buy mine.[​IMG]

4. Al_M

Al_M Stunt Coordinator

[​IMG] Reduced to $75.00 (US)!
    I will consider sales ouside the continental US but, you'll have to pay for the shipping.
    If you want to see pics, e-mail or post here.

5. TedO

TedO Stunt Coordinator

I am interested in your remote, but would like more info on the backlight mod. Did void the warranty? What is the benefit of the mod?

TedO

6. Al_M

Al_M Stunt Coordinator

Ted,

Yes, the warranty will be void with the mod in place.

However, if you are good with a soldering iron, it is easily reversed. Since there is no "tamper seal" it will not be evident that the mod was ever there.

The advantage of the mod is that the backlight comes on when any button on the remote is pressed. It's basically a small IC chip someone had specially made. The guy made a few of them and sold me one for 15 bucks. I just followed his directions and soldered it into the appropriate places on the remote's main circuit board.

Without it (as from the factory) the backlight only comes on when you tap the "light" button. This was a bit of a hassle and a minor ergonomics problem especially in the dark.

I found out about the mod from another forum and decided to try it. I like it. But I can remove it prior to selling it at the buyer's request.

I would recommend leaving it in to anybody. I've never had a problem with the remote and don't forsee any problems unless you spilled a beer on it or something. It's a pretty rugged remote.

Let me know if your still interested.

AL

7. TedO

TedO Stunt Coordinator

Al,

I am interested. I will stop at a store that carries them to get a feel for the remote. If all goes well I'll contact you and make arrangements for payment.

TedO