What's new

FOR SALE: Mitsubishi VS60707 60 Inch 4x3 in great condition... (1 Viewer)

Fred Block

Auditioning
I am looking for best offers / advice as to what I could get for this tv in perfect condition. I'm selling it to make room for a new 65" 16x9.

Thanks,

Fred Block

ColorTuned Diamond Shield optical design protects screen from scratches and adds contrast without dimming

Diamond Brite screen provides a brighter picture by focusing more of the CRT's light into the typical TV viewing area

60-inch screen with digital comb filter and 850 lines of horizontal resolution

Two full-range, 5-inch stereo speakers

Illuminated remote control allows easy adjustment of common TV features when the room is dark

Amazon.com Editorial Review:
The Mitsubishi Gold Series is the ultimate in analog television performance. It takes all the advances and features of Mitsubishi's Silver Series and adds innovations such as the new and exclusive ColorTuned Diamond Shield. This unique optical design not only protects the screen from scratches, but also adds contrast to the picture without dimming it. The ColorTuned Diamond Shield features selective filters that block yellow and orange light, the main components in sunlight and home lighting that wash out a TV's picture. But unlike conventional tinted shields, it allows the light from the red, green, and blue CRTs to pass through with minimal loss of brightness. The result is blacker blacks and brighter whites.
Other advanced features include a Diamond Brite screen that provides a brighter picture by focusing more of the CRT's light into the typical TV viewing area, an illuminated remote control that allows easy adjustment of common TV features when the room is dark, and improved sound quality through two full-range, 5-inch round stereo speakers. Powered by the TV's 10-watt output power, the speakers give louder sound levels, lower distortion, and deeper bass than those in comparable projection TVs. Simulated surround sound (with an optional hall sound option), an automatic volume limiter, and bass/treble tone controls give the VS-60707 greater audio control and allow the user to personalize the sound.

The two-tuner picture-in-picture has multi-image capability, allowing for three different channels on the screen simultaneously with the option of five different image sizes. The split screen feature lets you display two channels or sources at once, evenly dividing the screen.

Other advanced features of the VS-60707 include: a 3-D Y/C comb filter, which delivers crisp color separations and smooth picture texture. Dynamic white balance ensures color accuracy at all brightness levels. Three S-video inputs, one in front and two on the rear panel, allow quick and easy connection of a high-quality camcorder or video game while simultaneously providing connections for home theater system components such as a digital satellite system or an S-VHS VCR. A component-video input provides the best possible picture quality from a DVD player, and 64-point digital convergence adjustment provides precise color alignments. A five-layer multibrand remote control allows the operation of a satellite or cable box, a VCR, a DVD player, and an audio-video receiver--all from one keypad. The Mitsubishi exclusive Intelligent Room Illumination Sensor (IRIS) automatically reduces brightness and contrast for a more pleasant viewing experience in a darkened room.

Some of the more convenient features of the Mitsubishi VS-60707 include front-panel menu control, a sleep timer with an on timer, and V-chip parental lock control. Rename the Input lets you name your console inputs VCR or DVD instead of Input 1, for example. Similarly, Name the Channel lets you name channel 11 NBC, for example. Finally, the Active AV Network lets you connect the TV into a network with other Mitsubishi products so they will work together on a common system (for example, popping a tape into the VCR will automatically turn on the TV and set it to the correct input).

The Mitsubishi VS-60707 comes with a year warranty on parts and labor and a 30-day warranty on the screen.

Fred Block

Auditioning
This set is located in Central New Jersey. I would prefer to sell locally if possible. Buyer arranges for transport / pickup.

Fred Block

Auditioning
Deal fell through. Anyone interested? I was hoping to get some input from everyone here as to what I should expect for this set. I need to sell it before I purchase my 16x9.

Anyone?

KyleS

Screenwriter
Fred you need to post a price per Forum rules.. If you dont know what to ask for this piece then you should ask before posting. I wish that I could offer a suggestion for price but it sounds like that 1300 wouldnt be too far off.

KyleS

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
Fred,
I was in a similar situation with a 50 inch Mits, don't remember the exact model number, but only a couple of years ago. This was an excellent TV, for a analog 4:3 it was wonderful, before this I had a 46805 widescreen and just got feed up with the lack of 16:9 material other than DVDs so I sold it and got the 50 about 7 or 8 months later I decided I wanted to go back to widescreen (46809) I thought I could sell my 50 easy because it was like new, almost new. Fact was I couldn't give it away, nobody would give me anything near a reasonable offer. At one point I was down to 450 dollars, still no takers, finally I got disgusted and gave it to my daughter, now I am a hero, I could not have given her a new Cadillac and made her any happier. The problem is that now Mits doesnt even make an analog TV anymore and everyone wants the latest technology, with prices falling and HD ready bigscreens starting at just over a grand, makes it tough to sell one of these no matter how good it is.
There must be knowledgable people out there who know the difference and who are willing to pay a reasonable price for these wonderful televisions. If I had known how good my deal ended up I would have given it to my daughter before going through all the crap I did, but maybe thats what makes it so good. . .

Victor R

Agent
Do you plan on posting a price for this as per forum rules?I am very surprised that this hasn't been locked yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks