What's new

For Sale: Harman Kardon PA-5800 5 Channel Amplifier (1 Viewer)

One owner - I have been using this as a power amp running from my receiver pre-outs. Has been in use for 3 years in a condo, so it has never been pushed hard (I needed to maintain the peace with my neighbors). Cosmetically and sonically perfect - no scratches or blemishes. Includes original manual and warranty cards.
Sound & Vision rated this amp as the best of five power amps in the same class. Here is a link to the article:
Sound & Vision Review of PA-5800
The only reason i have for selling is that I upgraded my reciever from an old ProLogic Yamaha to a new H/K AVR320. Even though the PA5800 has more power than my receiver, I am satisfied with the output of the 320 and would like to clean up my HT equipment rack.
Retail on this amp when new was $999 US. Asking $500 including free Fedex 2-day delivery service to anywhere in US or Canada.
I have pictures, so email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

A few people have emailed me for specs on this amp. Here they are:
SPECIFICATIONS:
Power Output : 5 x 80 watts @ 8 ohms
Output 4 Ohms : 5 x 110 watts
High Instantaneous Current Capability (HCC) : +/-73 Amps
Frequency Response : 0.22Hz - 160kHz -3dB at 1 watt
Total Harmonic Distortion : < 0.03% at rated output
Power Bandwidth :

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
About 3 years ago Sound City and J&R were blowing out these DCd amps, I bought 6 sold 3 still have 3 that I use for various things, they are great amps, remember these are HK and the power numbers are HK and we know how conservative HK is with power ratings, one of my 5800s took a direct hit by lightining (of course not) and the insurance co allowed me $1500 to replace it, since it was discontinued I replaced it with a 5 channel Rotel 985THXmk2 110x5, I cant tell any real difference between the Rotel and the HK. The Rotel is a little more forgiving about when you turn it on. The (all of them)HK likes to be turned on last and turned off first, which is standard practice with seperates. If you turn the HK on first it will make funny noises as you power up everything else, not a problem as you are not supposed to do it that way anyway.
Long story short, you wont regret buying this amp, the only reason it was DCd is because of the Citation and Signature series had the bases covered.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks