What's new

For Sale: Electrohome "ECP Graphics" CRT projector (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
EDIT: projector has been SOLD.

For Sale: my old Electrohome "ECP Graphics" projector. This actually is the model number: there's no "number" in it. This is version of the ECP 4000 that Electrohome produced for "rapid setup". It uses 7" CRTs, all three of which fire through a single lens dichroic "prism-thingie". Inputs are RGBVH, RGBS, composite video. 380 lumens peak light output with image. 3 knob easy Scheimpflug optical focus adjustment. Up to 80 KHz horizontal refresh, 80 MHz video bandwidth, so will display HDTV. Looks really good with doubled DVD or with my RCA DTC-100.

Weight 109 lbs, 41" wide by 27" deep by 11" high.

User-friendly setup of geometry and convergence via menus operated via the remote.

Complete with 2 remotes, homebrew ceiling mount, operators manual and service manual (with complete schematics).

Unit was owned by US Govt., then serviced by Hi-Rez about 3 years ago. These don't have odometers for the CRTs but guesstimate about 3500-4000 hours on CRTs. Have original wood crate from Hi-Rez. I am guessing this would be better as a local sale so you can come by for a demo. I have upgraded to an Electrohome Marquee 8501LC.

Asking $1,000, shipping extra. I have scanned some of the pages from the owners and service manuals into .pdf format and I can email them to you. These pages show unit pictures, how to set the projector up, convergence and white balance settings.

A special deal for those that can pick-up the unit in person. I'll throw in a Da-Lite "Model C" manual pulldown screen in "video spectra 1.5" material (1.5 gain). Size 60" by 80". The model C is a beefier version of the well-known model B. I really don't want to ship the screen due to not having a box for it.

Contact me via email as this thread tends to get buried quickly.

------------------

Feline test subjects Katie, Susie, and Fluffy Pumpkin

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
This wonderful thing is still for sale.
------------------
Feline audience members Katie, Susie, Fluffy Pumpkin, and Naughty Tuxedo

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Hey guys, how many big-screen HDTV sets can you get for this price? Looks great showing 1080i from a DTC-100.
------------------
Feline audience members Katie, Susie, Fluffy Pumpkin, and Naughty Tuxedo

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Yeah.. I know Dennis but why is it that only people from CA sell these things? And it doesn't help that I'm now on the other side of the nation...drat...double drat....
------------------
Eric Samonte
Dito sa Pilipinas..may Hom Tiyeter rin kami!
eric.gif

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Now that a certain "sales helper" is no longer a member....
I'll also throw in a Key Digital YPrPb to RGBS(VGA) converter.
So it's the projector, the manuals, remotes, converter, and (if you pick up) screen for $1K. Or make me a reasonable offer. There must be someone in the Bay Area wanting a cheap projector. HInt: I'm much more motivated to "deal" when I don't have to bother with shipping this thing.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Dennis,there is a good chance that I will be in california next month as we are taking the kids to disney,if it is still available,I may very well be interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks