What's new

For Sale: Denon AVR-3805 7.1 Channel Home Theater Audio/Video Surround Receiver (1 Viewer)

LeroyC33

Auditioning
Real Name
Leroy
Hello to everyone here on the Home Theater Forum. Thank you for looking at my for sale listing. I have for sale one black Denon AVR-3805 7.1 Channel Home Theater Audio/Video Surround Receiver. It is used, and in excellent condition. I am the original owner of this speaker, and it comes from a smoke-free and temperature controlled environment. I do not have the original box that the receiver originally came in, but rest assured that if you buy the receiver, the receiver will be packaged carefully in order to avoid damage to the receiver during shipping while on its way to you. This sale includes the receiver, the original power cord, (though I’d recommend that you use a third-party after market digital power cord with this receiver if you want to improve the sound), the original instruction manual that came with the receiver, the original AM loop antenna that came with the receiver, the FM indoor antenna, and the original remote control (RC-969) for the receiver. The FM indoor antenna’s end is slightly broken, but it is just a piece of wire anyway with a coaxial F-pin connector attached to it. This receiver has a radio tuner, if you desire to use it to play radio, the tuner in this receiver should be hooked up to a much better radio antenna from a company like either Godar Electronics or Magnum Dynalab, whose antennas can easily be bought online for a very low price. This receiver is also capable of preamp-only/processor duty also, as well as being capable of being used as an amp to drive the speakers in your home theater entertainment system. The receiver has no physical imperfections on it, and has no marks or scratches on it, and has just recently been tested before I posted it up for sale here on the Home Theater Forum, so it works, and it is in very good condition. The total cost of the receiver is $500, plus a flat shipping fee of $45 for shipping anywhere within the Continental United States. I am sorry but the receiver will be shipped to confirmed Paypal addresses only if paid for by using Paypal.

Among the many excellent features of this home theater audio/video receiver are 120 watts per channel, Burr-Brown Digital-to-Audio-Convertors, two assignable 12-volt triggers, and other features, etc. There are many other nice features about this receiver. With the Denon AVR-3805 receiver, you can turn all of the video circuits off regardless of the listening mode you’re in--whether 2-channel or multi-channel, and regardless of what Digital Signal Processing mode you are using at the moment, for the cleanest audio signal possible. This improves the sound, and is especially useful if you're not sending any video through the receiver or are using it for audio preamp or processor duty only.

This Denon AVR-3805 7.1 Channel Home Theater Audio/Video Surround Receiver has also been rated very highly on the website Audioreview, where it was given an average rating of 4.42 out of 5 from 48 reviewers who posted their reviews of this receiver on the Audioreview website.

Sound and Vision also tested the Denon AVR-3805 receiver extensively in their lab tests, and demonstrated just what this Denon AVR-3805 receiver is capable of doing. This lab test showed that this receiver only began clipping with 5-channels driven simultaneously at 107 watts. And just as notable is the incredibly low background noise levels that the tests showed that this receiver outputs during regular audio playback also. The lab test said that the noise level was lower than most dedicated CD and SACD players.

The audio/video components review website Audioholics also did a very thorough review and test of the Denon AVR-3805 here, and also gave a great appraisal and a glowing review of it.

The audio/video components review website Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity also did a very thorough review and test of the Denon AVR-3805 as well, and also gave a great appraisal and a glowing review of it.

More product details on the Denon AVR-3805 receiver, and the owner's manual and all of the other product sheets available on the Denon AVR-3805 receiver can be found on Denon’s own website by going to the Support drop-down menu at the top of the page, then clicking on the Product Support option, and then proceeding to the Discontinued Products Archive section at the bottom of the page, clicking on AV Receivers in the Select a Category drop-down menu, and then clicking on AVR-3805 in the Select a Model drop-down menu. That will take you to the Denon AVR-3805 receiver page, where you can take a look at the description of the Denon AVR-3805’s features, and download instruction manuals, product sheets, and support manuals, for the Denon AVR-3805.

I prefer for this receiver to be picked up locally, therefore, I don’t have to go through the time and the expense of having to pack it up and shipping it, but however, if you wish to purchase it, and you do not live in the local area, I am perfectly willing to ship it to someone who lives out-of-state using FedEx Ground. I am not sure of the shipping charge because I have not packed the receiver up yet for shipping, and I don’t normally use the shipping calculator on FedEx’s website because I have found from personal experience shipping many items that using the shipping calculator on FedEx’s website may or may not actually equal the real cost of the shipping fee that you are actually charged once you get to the FedEx shipping store and ship out the item. If you wish for me to ship the receiver outside of New Jersey to you, I will gladly do so, and will charge a flat fee of $45 dollars, so that the total cost of the sale amounts to $545, including all shipping to any state within the Continental United States. This should cover all shipping charges to anywhere within the Continental United States, and I will also use the money for shipping that you give me to purchase full insurance for the full $545 dollars that you give me, so that you are protected from loss, and give you the Tracking Number and other delivery details about the package immediately, the very day that I ship out the receiver to you once I have received your payment, and have shipped it out.

I live in the New Jersey area, so if you live in the local area, and you want to buy this receiver and pick the receiver up, I will not charge you for the cost of shipping the receiver, only for the cost of the receiver itself. Therefore, I will only charge you $500 total cost for the receiver, and not $545 for the receiver. If you wish to purchase this receiver locally and come by to pick it up, I ask that you please pay by Paypal FIRST before you come and pick it up, and then after payment has been made by Paypal, then you can give me your phone number, and I will contact you, and then we can make suitable arrangements to meet at a convenient time for you to come and pick up the receiver.

So please do consider buying this receiver; this receiver has earned great reviews, and this may well be a chance for you to pick up a great receiver that sounds great and that has no cosmetic imperfections with it, and to buy a great award-winning receiver at a low price.

Like most of the items for sale from private sellers here, all sales are final, and there are no returns. Unfortunately, I am not a large store, and I do not have another one on hand to exchange it for just in case something goes wrong. This item is used, and it is in the condition that I have said that it is in this listing, I have not misrepresented it, and so it should work, and has not been broken by me while using it. I am not intentionally selling a defective item to you. You can trust me on that, or otherwise, I would not be selling it at all, I would just throw it away. I am not deliberately selling a broken item. But just in case something goes wrong, please contact me BEFORE leaving any negative feedback for me on the Home Theater Forum. I never leave negative feedback for an item that I’ve purchased on without at least giving the seller who sold it to me a chance to resolve the issue and to work it out with me so that we could work out a solution that satisfies both of us, and I only leave negative feedback as a last resort, and I’d appreciate that same chance to do that with you. I will do my best to try and work with you to try to resolve the problem and try and achieve an amicable and fair solution so that all parties involved are satisfied, and so that the issue is resolved. Thank you for your patience regarding this matter.

So please don't hesitate to buy this item if you feel that I have presented you with a good deal. The item is used, though I repeat, it is in the condition that I say that it is in. And as you can see from my rating, don't be afraid to buy this item from me. I have tried to represent this item truthfully, and I am committed to giving a good deal to the customer. Please feel free to e-mail me with any other questions that you have about the item, I would be happy to answer them for you. Thank you for allowing me to present this item to you. I hope that you buy this item, but if not, good luck in finding what you want anyway, and good luck in all of your purchasing decisions on the Home Theater Forum.

For those of you who have never heard of the Denon AVR-3805 7.1 Channel Home Theater Audio/Video Surround Receiver, here is some more information about it, as taken from Denon's own website:

[AVR-3805]
7.1 CH Home Theater A/V Surround Receiver

Geared for the serious home theater enthusiast, the AVR-3805 treats you to a powerful, pristine, enveloping lifelike sound. Although packed with an astonishing array of audiophile features, we have gone out of our way to make setup and operation as easy as possible. If you are as passionate about sound as we are, the AVR-3805 deserves a top spot in your home theater.
• DDSC-Digital surround circuitry
• Pure Direct mode and AL24 Processing Plus
• DENON LINK III multi-channel digital audio input
• Multi-Zone Configuration capabilities
• Auto Set-Up/Room EQ

Sankar

Second Unit
How rigid are you on your request that you be paid by Paypal first and then initiate the contact? I would prefer to come by personally, check out the unit and pay by cash if interested.
Nothing personal but I am wary of a poster with little history and one who is so explicit in his disclosures - hence my preference to meet in person.

LeroyC33

Auditioning
Real Name
Leroy

Hello Sankar, and thanks for your interest in my receiver. It is OK with me if you want to come by personally, check out the unit, and then pay by cash if interested. That is perfectly fine with me. I am not a criminal, and I am not here to rip anyone off, and so it is alright with me if you would prefer to see the receiver first, and see whether you like it or not, before you pay for and buy the receiver. You are perfectly justified in being wary of a poster with little history and one who is so explicit in his disclosures, I completely understand your caution. It is possible to meet in person in order to check out the receiver, so that you can see that I really do have a receiver for sale, and that I am not a criminal here to rip people off, and to see what condition the receiver is in. That is alright with me.

I will PM you this letter. Just give me back your telephone number by PM or by some other means, and then I will call you, and we can discuss arrangements for you to come over to my place in order to have a look at the receiver in order to see whether or not you want to buy it. I will PM you now. Please respond as soon as possible if you want to take a look at it.

Thanks again for your interest in my receiver.

Leroy

Sankar

Second Unit
Hello Leroy,

Sorry if my post came off in an accusatory manner ... that was not my intention at all. I was just being prudently cautious, but sometimes a hurried post can end up showing a side that was not meant to be! :)

I'm out of town this holiday season but I will send you a PM separately to connect on my return.

Regards and once again my apologies if my earlier post came through implying anything more than just caution at my end! :)

LeroyC33

Auditioning
Real Name
Leroy
Hello Sankar,

That's OK, I perfectly understand, and I didn't mind at all. You are right to be so cautious especially with so many people on the Internet these days doing bad things.

Do you have any idea of when you you will be returning to the NJ area after your holiday? Can you, if at all possible, give me an approximate date so that I can know about how long to wait?

Thanks for replying.

Leroy

LeroyC33

Auditioning
Real Name
Leroy
This receiver has been sold. Thank you all for looking at my ad and for your interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks