For Sale - Adire Bang Speakers (Pair)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Zachary, Jul 1, 2002.

1. John Zachary

John Zachary Extra

Before I built my Kit-281's I built a pair of Adire Bang speakers that are really great speakers. I just don't have the room for an "extra" set of large speakers anymore. (Those are the wife's words, not mine. )
    They are 28" x 11" x 14" and weigh between 40 and 60 pounds each (I'm guessing on the weight) and are finished in a black "fleck-stone" finish.

They are built to the exact specifications as per the Adire Audio website. They are very sensitive (93.8 dB at 1W/1M) and will get uncomfortably loud and handle a good amount of power (117 dB fed with 65 Watts), have a fairly flat, tame impedance curve (low of 3.55 Ohms at 2.25 kHz to a high of 8 ohms at 20 kHz), and a 3 dB cutoff of 39 Hz.

These are really great sounding speakers. I hate to get rid of them, but the "boss" has spoken. I'm asking $350.00 plus actual shipping costs (or come to my house in central Louisiana to pick them up (actually, I would meet someone up to 2 hours away if necessary). I called UPS and found out it would cost about $30 to $35 to ship each speaker, so total shipping would be between $60 and $70.

If anyone's interested, I can take and e-mail some pictures.

John Zachary

2. John Zachary

John Zachary Extra

I'll be willing to take reasonable offers.

John