What's new

For people in Region 1/A, what are the advantages of ordering discs from MovieZyng? (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm curious why people are using this disc retailer. How are their shipping costs to the States? Are they located here in the States? If so, do they charge state sales tax?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Okay, I found this factoid page from their site so they are located in the States. However, my question remains, what are the advantages of ordering from them?

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I haven't shopped there but, in theory, they should have more of the MOD titles in stock being that they are the MOD manufacturer. The pricing isn't great. however.

dukiejosh54

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
I'm curious why people are using this disc retailer. How are their shipping costs to the States? Are they located here in the States? If so, do they charge state sales tax?
They are the storefront for Allied Vaughn, The company that manufactures most MOD blu-ray and DVD titles. They manufacture all of Warner Archives titles. They do not charge tax but it's 2.49 for shipping and .50 cents for every movie added. The biggest advantage to using them is since they manufacture the disc they will almost always have every title in stock. When i couldn't find Deana Durbin's MAD ABOUT MUSIC on amazon or in stock anywhere. I ordered it from them and got it 5 days later. It's also a good place to get hard to find MOD titles like the Fox Cinema Archive DVD's. The only down side is that they don't really have sales, so you're going to pay close to full price. I have mostly used them when i can't find a title any place else. I've bought from them twice and was happy with my experience.

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Josh hit the main points. They ship out of Illinois (Aurora, same as the Chicago A-V Warehouse and Office). It appears to be in the same building complex as Rockport Logistics where most of the WBShop 4/44 packages shipped through

MovieZyng
901 Bilter Road Suite 41
Aurora , Illinois 60502

Allied Vaughn
901 Bilter Road – Suite 150
Aurora, IL 60502

Prices aren;t ever going to be as good as the std retailers, but stock is their big advantage for the US.
I actually did think they charged Sales Tax now, but I haven't ordered from them in a couple years so defer to those with more recent orders.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yes. pretty cheaply too. Or should I say they always have in the past. From EU/AUS, etc they've been one fo the better companies for cheap International Shipping though it's going to be the slow route. I don't know how they handle VAT/GST though

Deep Discount has pretty good shipping rates as well and better prices. DD seems to be such a hit/miss company -- some people seem to have issues every time they order and others never seem to have an issue (like Zavvi)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks