For Panny PT47 (53) WX42 (52) owners or similar - a quick question

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Sam Pat, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Sam Pat

Sam Pat Stunt Coordinator

I noticed today that switching from Cable to Component 1 to Component 2, the TV retains the same display settings (brightness, contrast, etc.) for those 3. Video 1/ 2 /3 /4 seem to have their own set of settings.

For some reason I used to think each input retained its own settings.

Just wondering if my set 'lost' the ability, or I just remember wrong.

It would be useful for me, because Component 1 is PS2, Component 2 is DVD player, and those dont use the same brightness levels.

Can you check your sets?

Thanks!

2. JohnSch

JohnSch Extra

The settings are stored for the three PIC MODES under Picture (Vivid, Standard, Cinema) - and the set remembers which PIC Mode you set for each input.

So, you set a different Pic Mode for each input (after making sure they're more or less identical) and then tweak each pic mode as needed for the various sources. I use Cinema for DVD and HD, Standard for analog Cable. Once I bother to hook up the VCR, it will get Vivid.

3. Sam Pat

Sam Pat Stunt Coordinator

Thank you John!

4. Rajeev_s

Rajeev_s Stunt Coordinator

I use Cinema mode for all the inputs. It was calibrated using Avia and thats what looks good to me. I dont want to use any other modes because I didnt want to use different calibration/setting. I treat that setting as my reference.