For Jim and anyboy else who is wants an LD-S9 or HLD-X9, time is running out!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rachael B, Jan 3, 2002.

1. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    Jim, the S9 is not that different than U.S. models. Any shop that worked on Pioneer LD players could clean the laser lens, me thinks. I bet many U.S. model parts are common to the S9 too. My S9 has been problem free for close to 2 years now. By statute in Japan, Pioneer must supply parts and repairs for 7 years from when it is discontinued. It will be a current model until June. Worst case scenario is that you have to ship it to the factory in Japan or to Daniel in H.K., someday. This is a superior player. I think you should go for one. I have a service mannual for the S9 and X9 myself that I got from an LD bud on AVS. I hope I don't need either anytime soon, but I'm confident I can get minor repairs done locally.
    I don't know of anybody who has bought an S9 or X9 who is not satified with them. They're the dynamic duo in my book! The colour these players produce is beyond any other players I've seen. Corbin Stern on this forum has a Runco LJR-2 and I hope to see it eventually. That is proably the only U.S. player with a chance of matching up with these guys? It was only made in very limited quantities cause it was priced about $4000. Go for an S9, your LDs will reward you for it. Get a price quote from Daniel while you stille can, and think about it.
    Best wishes from Laserland!
    P.S.- everybody, e-mail Daniel Law at the Chinese Club in Hong Kong for a price quote on the LD-S9 or HLD-X9 before 15 January. That is supposed to be the last day he is taking orders for LD players. He may have other models, new or used, ask if you care. Pioneer is making one last production run of the immortal HLD-X9 this Febuary, last chance... He is also a good source for code-free DVD players. I know he carries alot of Sony and Pioneer including the DV-AX10 for way less than state-side, code-free too.
    daniel@mainkey.com

2. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    can you say bump?

3. Jim Douglas

Jim Douglas Second Unit

Rachael,

Got the info thanks again. What do you know if anything about the other guy selling these units. His name is Nicolas (N$A) his store is called Discs of Japan? I've seen some postings of his in a thread about this over at the AVS forum. I'm not sure yet I have a few more days to mull things over. Purchase new or try to have mine fixed. Like I said if I would list some of my old stuff to sell I could come close to half the price of a new one. Anyway thanks for all the good advice and info. I appreciate it. I'll keep you posted.

Jim

4. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    Jim, Nicolas is a very reliable source but he charges a bit more. Hey, I've bought some stuff from him. I got my Muse decoder from him. He can dig up some very hard to find LDs. I've bought some Muse LDs from him too. Daniel has the best prices. Good luck!

5. Jim Douglas

Jim Douglas Second Unit

Rachael,

I e-mailed both of them and will let you know what I find out.

Jim