What's new

For fans of the movie "Slap Shot".... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
About 6 years ago I decided to write to as many of the cast members of the movie Slap Shot for autographs. I received quite a number back. I was even able to get in touch with Yvone Barrete who played the goalie. He sent me one of his call sheets from one of the days filming. But, the hardest to find was Andrew Duncan. He portrayed Jim Carr the radio/tv announcer from the movie. The last movie he acted in was in 1987. After contacting the SAG I was told he didn't have any representation. But, they took my info for someone from there office to get back to me. Well, someone screwed up and they contacted him for me. A couple of days later I get a phone call from Mr.Duncan. I told him I was sorry they called him and that I was just a fan. To my surprise he was very nice and we chatted for a few minutes. He then gave me an address to send what I wanted signed. About a month later I got a signed card back and a 4 page letter talking about his experiences from the movie. He tells of the scene with the goalie at the beginning when he explains about all of the penalties. When he was hit by the stick it was all real. He asked him why he hit him. Yvonne responded "I'm sorry Andrew, but I never cheat.". He talks about when Robert Redford came to visit the set and even tells how when Paul Newman was making his big enterance on the ice in front of a huge crowd. He forgot to take of his skate guards and when he came onto the ice he tumbled head over heels. I would be more than happy to scan the letter if someone can tell me where to send it where it can be posted here.
Sorry to rant. But, I just found the letter again after a few years and thought other fans might enjoy it also.

ps-The funniest autograph I got back was from Christopher Murney who played Hanrahan... Who wrote a quote from the movie "Your wife's a D..E!!"(edited for content ;) )

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Great!! I love that movie.

To this day when my guy friends and I go fishing or camping, we still use Morris Wanchuck's phrases in normal conversation as often as possible: "...nipples, hard as little rocks..."

He's become sort of an chauvinistic idol to us.

Congratulations on all your autographs. I envy you.

Are you going to get the cast from "Slap Shot 2: Breaking the Ice"? ;)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Dave,

Morris kicks ass! As to getting the autographs from Slap Shot 2. I would but Stephen Baldwin is a tough signer. ;) Seriously, like Caddyshack 2. I refuse to even see Slap Shot 2. I didn't want it to ruin my memories of the original.

"Quite possibly one of the biggest perverts in movie history"

Also check out this site: http://slapshot.20m.com/askmoe/askmoe.htm

Here is a shot of the scene I discussed earlier:

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Holy crap! I think I made it into an interview with Yvon Barrette. When he wrote back to me. He said I was the first person from the States to write to him. Well, I was just reading this interview with him and noticed this:

You know when that movie was done, for me it was just like another one. The character went I don't know where and I start back to my life. I live very simply in the country. If somebody finds me, it's alright, somebody did last year. I did a movie [15 Fevrier 1839] with Pierre Falardeau, a beautiful movie. You are the first whom I give an interview. I refuse all interview when the movie went out. I don't like that part of the actor job, it's like a plumber is a plumber, when the job is done, it's done (laughing).

Here is the link to the entire interview:
http://slapshot.20m.com/where/where.htm

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
"You go to box . . . 2 minutes by yourself and . . . you feel shame."

"My Hallergies to the fans, make me sick, puke. Bleh!"

"Trade me right f*&kin' now!"

"OWNS, OWNS!"

"No way, he got a big cock, like horse!"

Long live Denis Lambert, the prototypical mentally unstable goalie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks