For anyone who bought the ET UGS from Best Buy

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JJR512, Oct 24, 2002.

1. JJR512

JJR512 Supporting Actor

If you bought the E.T. Ultimate Gift Set from Best Buy, and you paid $54.99 for it, you should be aware that bestbuy.com has lowered their price from $54.99 to $49.49, that's $5.50 less. I know it changed because I had this item sitting in a "cart" and when I changed something else, I was suddenly notified the price of an item in my cart had changed, and now I see the $54.99 crossed out and $49.49 below it.
    Why is this important?
    Best Buy stores will price-match to their own website. I don't know if the prices have changed in the store or not, but if they'll let you get a price adjustment after-the-fact for in-store price changes, they should also let you get a price adjustment after-the-fact for their own website changes.
    I'm going to try this tomorrow and I'll let you know what happens! [​IMG]

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

That change reflects BB.COM's current sale for 10% off all SF/Horror titles. This is being discussed a bit in the "Spiderman at Best Buy" thread.

3. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

I don't know about your stores, but the Best Buys here WILL NOT price match their own website. Ever. Makes no sense to me, considering they price match competitors, but there you have it.

4. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

Your best bet would be to buy the box set via "instore pickup" for the $50... then return it with the receipt that says the $55 price at the store.
    My Best Buy doesn't price match the internet store either saying it is "a different department"... but if you use in-store pickup, you can pick it up AT the store for the website price. Doesn't make much sense to me [​IMG]

5. TonyTone

TonyTone Supporting Actor

6. Jason Goodmanso

Jason Goodmanso Stunt Coordinator

7. Jason Goodmanso

Jason Goodmanso Stunt Coordinator

On Saturday I went to the Puyallup Best Buy armed with a screen print of the on-line price for ET: UGS. Told a very nice lady that I bought the UGS on Tuesday and saw that this morning the price was cheaper. She took my receipt and screen print, punched some buttoms and I was done. My poor credit card was refunded $5.98 and I was on my way. Makes up for the lack of customer service lately. I thanked the young lady for her time and went off my merry way.