What's new

For all you "Blade" DVD owners (1 Viewer)

Jae_P

Grip
In the beginning of the movie the credits are shown in red letters. When i look at them close up i notice that they arent solid. It looks like there are 2 of each letter. I believe the term for that is called "ghosting". But the ghost letters are red too. It looks like a convergence problem but when i go into my menu to setup it up they are lined up pretty good. I can never line it up perfectly though. There is always a little bit of blue or red showing. What is wrong with it? Thanks.

Jin E

Second Unit
For all you Blade DVD owners... I feel sorry for you poor slobs without the DTS laserdisc... bwaaahaaahaaa!!!

(Sorry... couldn't help it)

Eujin

Supporting Actor
That's precisely why Blade is one of my favorite reference discs. Depending on your display and DVD player combo, the opening and end credits will be very revealing as to just how good the equipment is. On better set-ups, the credits show up cleaner and more solid. The high saturation of red in the credits against the dark/black backgrounds is a real torture test for most players and displays and Blade's really helped me make some decisions over the years.

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
Just great! Another test to possibly fail... :)
I'll give it a try when I get home. I seem to remember the credits appeared nice and clean. We'll see...
Martin.

Eujin

Supporting Actor
The chroma bug will show up in the red credits if your player has it. It's relatively easy to spot, especially if you compare it with a player that doesn't have the bug.

Otherwise, I think Blade is an awesome disc. Superb sound and I don't miss not having it in DTS. Can't wait for Blade 2 to come out next summer!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks