What's new

For All Of You That Still Use Film Cameras (1 Viewer)

James Edward

Supporting Actor

Nope. In my experience, incandescent lighting would tend to make him yellow, not green. Fluorescent tends to make the subject look green with daylight film.

Most shots were outdoors, with a few in the house.

Maybe I should buy a yellow lab, and shoot him in the house with available light? :D

As I said, the green dog was the last straw. The only other processing I found acceptable Fuji Premium, and I can't seem to find it anymore. What made Fuji great was that they offered 5x7's instead of 4x6's for about 2 dollars more per roll.

Anyway- same film, same dog, same yard, Kodak Perfect Touch processing, and my dog is back to being black, brown, and white.

Luke_Khuc

Stunt Coordinator
"Local one hour processing is the worst!"
I beg your pardon :)
I used to work at both places. You have no idea what's going on in the out_lab service. I'll give you an example: we wore special gloves while handling film in the one-hour lab; you'd be lucky if they didn't touch your negative in the out_lab place.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Ah yes, fluorescent light makes the white on dogs green! Got that mixed up. :D

Ah well, I shoot digital and make prints with my (color-corrected!) printer! Too bad my dang monitor still isn't that accurate. Grrr. Damn 2.8 monitor gamma! *shakes fist*

It's annoying when a lab color-incorrects your digital photos - the guys stare at you blankly when you ask them to NOT color correct...thanks guys but I already color corrected for your damn out-of-spec printer. :angry:

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I got a roll processed with Kodak Perfect Touch last week. All of the pictures looked great at first glance, but upon further inspection, I noticed pixelation in some pictures. While it was only minor pixelation, any signs of digital artifacting are unacceptable for pictures taken from a film camera. Wal-Mart's one hour photo processing has never let me down, I'm going back to that.

If you search on Google for "Kodak Perfect Touch Processing", you'll find that many others have also noticed digital artifacts in their prints and have switched back to their old ways.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Wal-Mart's one hour photo processing has never let me down, I'm going back to that.
I'm sure it varies by location, the last 2 rolls I had done at wally world were terrible. Cheap paper that would double as sandpaper, grainy prints, bad color.. :frowning:
the first color rolls taken from a new nikon N65 and really dissapointed us, but the B&W rolls she developed herself were always beautiful, next rolls will go for perfect touch to try that out

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Wal-Mart's one hour photo processing has never let me down, I'm going back to that.
I don't care for Walmart as a developer as they don't use Kodak paper. That really irked me because around they time of the switch, Walmart was running flag-waving, made-in-the-USA ads. And now I'm at Kodak, so I want to support the local team. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks