Footballers Wives...pure, unadulterated trash...I LOVE IT!!!

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by EricSchulz, Sep 4, 2005.

1. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

Is anyone else as hooked on this program as I am? I got interested after Entertainment Weekly did a story on it a few weeks back. I just got done watching the first season on DVD (R2), although I haven't watched the bonus features disc yet. Anyone else want to share thoughts on it? I am anxiously awaiting Series Two!

2. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

I've really enjoyed watching it on BBC America, in fact, S2 premiered tonight. The storylines are ludicrous... breasts flambé, child kidnappings, pregnant mother-in-law and more adultery than you can shake a stick at. Cristian Solimeno (Jason) is really hot, in a Colin Farrell sort of way. You can definitely tell that 2 women created and write this show. I've never seen so many naked male backsides in a basic cable show before! [​IMG]

I'll be sad when we get to the big character purge at the end of S2. Tanya seems to be the only keeper [​IMG].

3. Greg Thomas

Greg Thomas Second Unit

I saw one episode after reading about it in Sports Illustrated. I thought it was decent but not compelling enough to make me a regular viewer. The soccer background didn't appeal to me. I liked Desperate Housewives better.

To me it was a cross between ESPN's "Playmakers" and Desperate Housewives, but no quite as good. Maybe its the British vs U.S. writing.

4. andrew markworthy

It is very much tongue-in-cheek and a lot of the pleasure for Brits is spotting which real life soccer players and real life scandals are being shown in often very thin disguise. It's like e.g. the West Wing in reverse - I'm sure a lot of the more detailed pleasures of TWW pass over Brits' heads because we're not sufficiently well-versed in the background.

5. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

Here's a link to the official website.

Lots of pics, news, interviews for each season so far...
    Although the current cast (Series 4 or 5, whichever they are in over in the UK) isn't as hot as Series 1, I haven't seen the current shower scene shots to compare!