Football Game picture Blurry KP57HW40

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Gates, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Mike Gates

Mike Gates Auditioning

When watching a football game, the picture seems to be blurry, particularly when the camera shot is from a destance. Any ideas on what settings or views I could use to sharpen the picture.

2. Mike Gates

Mike Gates Auditioning

For anyone that may be interested, this is what I have found so far. It seems that interlaced is the best video setting for live sporting events. I normally watch on cinemotion as I can't tell much of a difference between the 2. I am sure I switched it to interlaced at some point during the game, as I was trying to tweak the picture with any setting possible (In case you cant tell I am new to projection televisions, less than 2 weeks as open box buy with no manual). I will try it on thursday night to see what happens. I also watched 1 game going through rabbit ears and the picture was much clearer. It may of been the broadcast or the DirecTV signal coming through the S-Video connection (althought all other channels look great through the DirecTV receiver). I will also try connecting through component video cables to see if this makes a difference. If anyone has any further suggestions they would be greatly appreciated, if not, and if I find a way to get the picture crisp, I will post it out so others can enjoy a game as well.