FoodTV: Ham On The Street

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by MarkHastings, Jul 13, 2006.

1. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

Anyone watch the show Ham on the Street?

If not, it's part hidden camera, part cooking show, part taste testing craziness. The show is produced right across the street from my workplace and they're always around the town doing funny things.

Last year, they put a chocolate cake on the street corner that said "Eat Me" and secretly filmed people as they passed by it [​IMG]

Earlier this week, I was walking back from lunch and they were filming a pasta taste test. They grabbed me and filmed a segment with me. I had to guess (with my eyes closed) what kind of pasta he gave me. I got 4 of 5 and they gave me a t-shirt. They said the episode airs in Sept. so I'll be watching and hopefully I'll remember this thread to make an update.

2. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

I've seen a couple episodes of it - it was decent. I only watched it the first time because my brother-in-law's best friend was on one of the early episodes (when they barbecued chicken using beer). I enjoyed the show and I've watched it a couple times since then. Not something I'd necessarily go out of my way to watch, but if it's on when I'm flipping channels I'll occasionally stop on it for a while.

Mark, if you remember to let us know when your episode airs, I'll watch.

3. Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell Cinematographer

Is there any way we can put all the food shows in one thread because I don't think we'll get enough traffic for one show.

I haven't seen this show yet but I'm a cooking show junkie. Alton, PBS, Discovery Home, Fine Living Network - there are a ton of good cooking shows out there.

4. MarkHastings

It will definitely be the "Pasta" epsiode. The guy said it will probably air around mid-september.

I'll post an update in this thread when I find out about it.

5. MarkHastings

I just saw an ad that the new season (Season 2) starts August 1st!!! [​IMG]

According to the episode list; epsiode 5 is "Italian Food" - Considering I did a pasta taste test, it looks like that might be the episode.

There is no air date yet for #5, but there are dates for 1-4:
    Episode 1: Aug 1
    Episode 2: Aug 8
    Episode 3: Aug 15
    Episode 4: Aug 22

so following that schedule, I'd guess that the Italian episode (ep. 5) will be Aug 29th.

6. MarkHastings

Wewll, the Italian epsiode airs this week:
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show..._45152,00.html

August 30, 2006 10:30 PM ET/PT
    August 31, 2006 1:30 AM ET/PT
    September 03, 2006 5:00 PM ET/PT

Hopefully my pasta taste test segment will be on. FYI, if you're watching, I have a goatee and they made me put my glasses on top of my head because they are 'photo grey' and the lenses were too dark (they thought they were sun glasses). I forget what shirt I was wearing though...