What's new

Food Pyramid updated (1 Viewer)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
minor news but for other health nuts maybe you'll find this interesting too:

http://www.mypyramid.gov/pyramid/index.html

I'm starting to eat much more fruits but looks like Atkins fans won't like how they stress all the grains & pasta. They also included oils this time but still no McDonald's. What gives?

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Oil? Oh yes, I want 1/6th of my diet to be purely of the "oil" group. Moronic agriculture & dairy lobyists.

FDA: celebrating idiotic eating guides since inception. :emoji_thumbsup:

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
I can't remember where I saw this, but it sums up my feelings.

"The food pyramid is a waste of time and can be replaced by four words: STOP BEING A PIG"

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
How did you come up with that Garrett? The recommended amount of oil is 3-7 teaspoons per day.

Even if you are in the male, 19-30 category, your calculation would limit total food intake to 42 teaspoons per day. And what would the dairy lobby have to do with the 'oil' recommendation? Butter and the like are in the fat category.

Perhaps you might read the documentation before being so dismissive.

Seth--L

Screenwriter

Atkins is about just losing weight. The pyramid is about having a healthy diet, which includes more than weight loss; grains and pasta are good for keeping your cholesterol low.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks