What's new

Following - Full specs and review (Memento's predecessor) (1 Viewer)

Kyle Milligan

Stunt Coordinator
For those of you who dug "Memento" (and who didn't?) you might want to check out director Christopher Nolan's first film "Following," out Dec 11.
It has some of the features that people were hoping for on the Region 1 edition of "Memento" such as chronological re-arrangement option, and oh yeah, audio commentary by director. (But before you get upset about the R2 version, remember that Canadians got the really raw deal with the bare-bones Alliance Atlantis version).
Definitely a clever little film, and a clear indication of promise fulfilled by the second film. Have a look at my review.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Sounds interesting. Another one to add to the rental list! :)

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Is Following a 1.33:1 OAR film??? I saw at the theater and seem to remember it being some flavor of widescreen, but I can't trust my memory.
(The theater in question -- the MOMA, with the director present, would have shown it in 1.33:1 if that was indeed the AR).
The IMDB is mute on this question -- does anyone have the real scoop?
Ted

Scott DeToffol

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott DeToffol
I just watched the Memento DVD this weekend. There is an IFC interview with the director, Chris Nolan, in the supplements. In the interview he talks about Following and says it was shot in "Academy" and therefore looks great on a regular TV. I took this to mean it is 4:3.

Bob_Mandel

Stunt Coordinator
Just finished watching this flick. Quite enjoyable. :emoji_thumbsup: Nolan is definitely is not one to be hampered by chronological order, but I am happy to see CTHE released this film with the revised chronology feature we all hoped would be on the original release of Memento.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks