What's new

Follow Me Boys/Bon Voyage-OAR? (1 Viewer)

Nick Eden

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know whether the recent Disney releases of "Follow Me Boys" and "Bon Voyage" are correctly framed at 1.33:1?
I would pick them up if that is the correct ratio,but if not then there are too many good titles chasing my money to waste on pan and scan atrocities.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
They should be either 1.66 or 1.75. I picked up Merlin Jones and Follow Me Boys. The print on Merlin Jones is ok. The print on Follow Me Boys unfortunately has alot of scratches and faded color. Its obvious that these are old VHS transfers and no restoration was done. Which is unfortunate with all the catalog live action titles planned this year by Disney. It looks like most will be Pan & Scan and the quality of the prints will depend on how good the old versions from VHS or Laserdisc were.

Nick Eden

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the quick response.

As I said before I will take my hard-earned cash elsewhere and buy a DVD with the correct aspect ratio.

It is sad though and not least because of all the good titles Disney are releasing this year e.g Darby O'Gill and the Little People.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
The acclaimed Those Calloways is widescreen. I think Disney is putting their "quality" films in OAR, while their low budget comedies are just being shoved out the door.

Nick Eden

Stunt Coordinator
I'll order Those Callaways.

I have noticed a few other releases by Disney which would certainly appeal to me (The Moon-Spinners, The Horse in the Grey Flannel Suit, The Gnome Mobile) but again they are full screen and again I presume this is not the correct ratio?

In particular The Moon-Spinners sounds very interesting and I would have welcomed a first viewing of this film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks