1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Foley Gone From WWF?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason P, Nov 15, 2001.

1. Jason P

Jason P Stunt Coordinator

From Wrestlingobserver.com:
    "--We're told that Vince McMahon and Mick Foley last week agreed to part company from a business standpoint but wanted it kept quiet. Foley's interview on Monday was scheduled to be his last TV appearance. Word we get is that the two are actually on better business terms since then. There is a chance of something on Monday to officially write Foley out, or he'll just be gone without anymore explanation than what was given."
    Now any news in wrestling should be taken with a grain of salt, but this is from the Observer which is the most reliable source there is. If true, then this is very sad news. Foley has been a standard in the WWF since 96. He's one of the all time greats but was said to be unhappy with the WWF and it's current direction. Hoped he would've gone out with a bang instead of a wimper. At any rate, he will be missed, but fortunately in wrestling, bridges are fire-proof. On the plus side, the WWF is said to be in serious negotiations with Ric Flair, most likely on RAW this Monday, so I won't be upset for too long.

2. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

For a while now, I've been hoping that Flair would show up at Survivor Series in Greensville, SC. However, RAW would probably be the better place for his return to wrestling.
    ~T

3. Danny Knapp

Danny Knapp Stunt Coordinator

According to an article I just read on RajahWWF.com, Mick Foley and Vince have agreed to part business ways.
    Does this mean Foley is totally gone??
    Who knows, anything can happen in the WWF...
    ------------------
    I dislike Tom Green!
    [Edited last by Danny Knapp on November 16, 2001 at 03:36 PM]

4. John Besse

John Besse Supporting Actor

John
  5. BrianShort

BrianShort Supporting Actor

I havent watched wrestling regularly since like 97 or 98, but isn't Flair like 60 years old now? [​IMG]
    Brian

6. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer
    Supporter

Carl III
    Ric Flair has been a has been for longer than Hulk Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior, and Jake the Snake Roberts. At best I could see him making a cameo as a referee or something.

7. Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers Producer

Yeah I haven't watched Wrestling for a few years either I would have thought it was closer to 70yrs old [​IMG]
    ------------------
    -Nick Sievers
    Nick's DVD's
    2001 Film List

8. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Yes, Flair is ancient, but he would be a good commissioner. I'm just very very sad that Foley won't be on TV anymore [​IMG]
    Jeff Kleist