Focusing with the lens housing

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matthew Will, Nov 27, 2002.

1. Matthew Will

Matthew Will Stunt Coordinator

Dear forum,
    Just today I received my first projector that actually turns on!!! I had bought one in the past but they packaged it terribly so I had to get my insurance money for that one. Well now I finally got one that "works". Of course it was used and came off of eBay. Here is the link to the auction. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...801728301&rd=1 As you can see the projector can produce a good image. My problem is that since this is my first projector ever, I do not know how to adjust the lens housing so it produces the sharp image I want. To describe whats wrong with it this is how I would put it. If there was a white line being projected on a black background, there would be an obvious bright line where the line is supposed to be, but there is also a white shadow of the line. If the line were orange there would be an orange shadow. This blurry shadow happens with everything projected, so I havent gotten a solid clear image although I can definently make out what is on the screen. What should I do? I can manually turn the lens so the image gets larger and smaller and I can pull it in and out about 1/2 inch to focus just the very slighted. Is there something else I can to correct the problem? In the ebay ad they say that I just need to set it once and the problem is fine. What am I not doing? Let me know. Thanks. Matt

2. Matthew Will

Matthew Will Stunt Coordinator

Oh yea...I forgot to mention that when I place my hand in front of the projector, the parts of the image closest to the shadows of my fingers produces a nice sharp image. I assume this is due to the bending of light around my fingers. Does this help any diagnos what to do?
    And when I said earlier that I can push and pull the lens by 1/2 an inch that is dependant on where I have the lens turned. If the lens is turned so it produces a larger image then I can move it in and out more, but if the lens is turned so it produces the smallest image I can turn it in and out just slightly.
    I believe that when I turn the lens it is supposed to create a larger or smaller image to focus on the screen but it seems that the smallest possible image produces the best quality with mention of the problem previously mentioned. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!?!?! THANKSGIVING FOOTBALL IS HERE!!! GAHHH. Thanks ahead of time. Matt