What's new

FM Reception on the new Yamaha HTR-5760 (1 Viewer)

Cory O

Auditioning
Just bought the new Yamaha HTR-5760 7.1 digital receiver Friday night and I love it. The only thing I have seen that I'm kind of disappointed in is the FM reception. I don't mean that the stations have a lot of static. I mean that 99% of the stations have a loud gurgling noise. Local stations in town, stations far away, you name it. There are about 1 or 2 stations that I can pick up which are not local (which still contain static but not the strange noise). I don't know where they are from or what is special about them. I just hope there is not a problem with this receiver. My previous receiver which was an old Dolby Prologic Onkyo picked up stations pretty well but not perfect. It at least gave me static. I'm using the standard FM antenna that came with the receiver. It hooks up into the back with a connection that has a pin in the center much like a coax connection. Has anybody had this same problem before with this receiver or any other one?:)

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Basically, all of the receivers I've owne have been horrible with FM or tuner performance. Then again, I've done nothing to remedy the situation since I primarly listen to CDs. But, I think going with something like a Terk FM antenna might give you what you're looking for. That's what I'm looking at for the current moment.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
There’s your problem, Cory. Ditch that piece of junk and get a real antenna. Those dipoles are pretty useless because they’re directional. If the wall you hang it on doesn’t happen to align with the broadcast towers, you just have to live with whatever you get from it.

I use an omni-directional outboard model mounted in the attic. Works great.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation615
Recent bookmarks