FlyVideo 2000?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Phil L, Jul 9, 2003.

1. Phil L

Phil L Supporting Actor

2. Phil L

Phil L Supporting Actor

Another question:

I found a place that has it for $50 and the 3000 for $60. Is the 3000 better because it has stereo or should I be running the sound through my sound card (audigy) anyway?

3. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Depends.. if you plan on running the coax cable straight to the card and using the tuner to switch channels for PVR use then the 3000 would be beter as it has stereo. I use an outboard S-VHS vcr tuner; s-video to the flyvideo and audio to the line-in on the soundcard. The only disadvantage of the 3k is it doesn't work with Dscaler (non-issue for me, maybe I should have gotten the 3k).

I got my FV2k from www.tecnobazar.com for $40 shipped.

4. Phil L

Phil L Supporting Actor

Scott,

Thanks!

As I remember you were the one who recommended the FV2k to me.

I was also going to order from technobazar, I found their link from the lifeview page except the price was $50 for the 2k. Thats, um bizarre. Or a good use of cookies.

I'll be capturing from a SVHS deck w/ s-video and composite audio cables. Will I have many sync problems with the audio/video going to separate cards?

5. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Phil, ahh someone recommended the FV here to me too. I did some searching at AVS and found it was the best choice for the money. No noise or anything, what a card!

Syncing problems are very rare. When they do happen the audio is about 1/5 of a second or so off, very tiny. I use Fly 2000 TV to record to Huffyuv and I'm very plesaed with the results.