Flushmount vs. Cube Speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Will:C, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Will:C

Will:C Auditioning

Can someone tell me if there are any flushmount speaker brands that perform as well as traditional cube speakers? I am looking to install a new home theater system in a home that has been pre-wired for 5.1 surround. 3 jacks on front wall and two ceiling jacks for rear speakers.

In terms of sound quality, in the past I have had Cambridge Soundworks, Bose and B&W speakers... my favorites were the B&Ws. Does anyone know of any flushmount or cube brands that come close to B&W sound quality?

Thanks.

2. BrianTwig

BrianTwig Second Unit

My personal system of in-walls that I put together on a budget was 5 NHT IW3s. Used them for the LCR, SR, SL. I am very pleased with them. I have zero complaints about my IW3s.

The B&W Cinema series are outstanding speakers as well and I would suggest giving them strong consideration. My budget didn't allow for them.

On edit: the NHT IW3s are coupled with a SVS PB12-NSD/2 for the sub and its all run by a Marantz SR 5600. A Marantz CC4300 for my CD player. And a PureAV PF60 for line conditioning/surge protection.

3. Will:C

Will:C Auditioning

Thanks for the response... I will definitely look into the IW3s. It sounds like you have a nice system set up there. The B&Ws are a bit out of my range as well -- thanks again!

4. Torgny Nilsson

Torgny Nilsson Second Unit

If you care about sound quality, try to avoid the cube speakers and HTiB systems. Take a look at the speakers made by Axiom if you want something small but that still reportedly has good sound quality.