What's new

Flukeman LIVES!!! (1 Viewer)

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I never see mention of him here except in relation to an X-Files DVD season review.

I thought he was one of the most unusual creatures to ever hit TV. I see mention of Cthulu (no doubt kicks ass) but nothing of flukeman.

I feel sorry for him.

He has many positive traits.
He's happy living in a sewer system but not too good to hang out in a porta potty.
He has a distinctive bite so you know it's his handywork.
He also leaves behind slime and you can sometimes hear him breathing prior to attack. One doesn't have to guess "who done it" since the slime is there. Also you know you're about to get wacked since you hear him breathing. At least one has a chance to say a quick prayer just before being offed.

And perhaps the best benefit of all, he can be chopped in half and still live.

Like it or not, Flukeman does have positive traits. Perhaps not the shear size and kick ass ability of Cthulu but but still special in his own way.

Julie K

Screenwriter
How can you compare a guy who lives in the sewer with an entity from outside time and space as we know it, who lies dead but dreaming for millions of years and who will one day return when 'the stars are right' to reclaim the planet and lay waste to petty investation known as Homo sapiens?

(Anyway, the Cthulhu Mythos has been established and entrenched in the minds of us Lovecraft freaks for a lot longer than the X-files has been around...)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Julie is right. I would never even think about having flukeman flesh on my sushi plate with a generous helping of wasabi and soya sauce. No way, that's gross. Unlike the great Cthulhu, the most edible villain in the known universe. I can't wait until he emerges from the depths of space and time, and into a Japanese fishing boat trawling for squid (by my back-of-the-envelope calculations, the boat's fishing net would need to be the size of Nebraska...easily obtainable with current technology).
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

The Japanese have been eating raw squid since before HP "Sauce" Lovecraft's time, by at least a thousand years. Definitely way before the X-Files.

Julie K

Screenwriter
Max, Max, Max,
Cthulhu eats you, not the other way around.

Although your suicidal desire to sample the Great Old One himself has given me a wonderful little idea for my very own Mythos story (it's a nasty habit, but all Lovecraft fans have to try it). It centers around a new brand of frozen foods, beginning with Cap'n Obed's Fancy Fish Stix and moving on the Cap'n Obed's Calamari Treat. They taste very good, but have some strange side effects...

It doesn't end well. :D

Julie K

Screenwriter
Hey, at least I didn't start any threads about feeling sorry for some sewer dwelling Flukeman....

:) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks