Fluance vs JBL

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DaveLevey, Jan 18, 2003.

1. DaveLevey

DaveLevey Auditioning

I am in process of putting together my first HT setup, I have pretty much decided on the Sony DA4ES and WM40 sub based on info I found doing searches on this board,However I could not find a clear choice on the JBL NSB1II vs Fluance SX debate,any advise would be appreciated.

Dave Levey

2. John F. Palacio

John F. Palacio Supporting Actor

Just a thought: JBL has a track record and is a well established, well regarded company.

Fluance is a newcomer, built in China and designed some place else. Just my $0.02

Best regards.

3. Alan M

Alan M Second Unit

I own the fluance sx system. For the price,you cant beat the clarity and precision of sound.
    just my opinion.

4. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

5. Michael Webb

Michael Webb Stunt Coordinator

I'm very impressed with my Wharfedale's that I picked up at UBID, they are cheaper than JBL.......when bought on UBID............but much more expensive retail......found a Wharfedale dealer about 100 miles from my home, went and looked at their stock.....man they charge a lot.

6. Peter_James

Peter_James Stunt Coordinator

I have Goldsky speakers.....but I would consider the JBL's if I had a local dealer. I hear god things. THE JBL's will be bookshelves though and the Fluance are floor standing (33").

P.J.