FLuance Vs B&W

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Suresh Reddy, Jan 12, 2004.

1. Suresh Reddy

Suresh Reddy Auditioning

Hi,

I have the following options...
    Fluance AV-HTB Home Theatre 5 Speaker System

and
    B&W DM601 S3 Main
    B&W DM600 S3 Surround
    LCR60 S3 center

I know both of them have a huge price diff, I am thinking of why to spend 1200 $ on B&W when Fluance is coming for 250 $.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

2. Robert Cowan

Robert Cowan Supporting Actor

wow.

wow.

that is the most interesting post ive seen in, well, forever. listen to them and get back to us. the fluance is an amazing value from what i hear, but i doubt they will hold a candle to the B&W's. you get what you pay for.

3. Rory Buszka

Rory Buszka Supporting Actor

B&W wins hands down for sound quality and overall build quality and engineering. If you can afford the B&W, the Fluance shouldn't even be considered.

4. Sheldon-m

Sheldon-m Stunt Coordinator

I don't robert, it's not always what you pay for. I was thinking of getting the axiom m22, but just thought why not try them. Sh!# it was the craziest thing going from spending 1700$ for 6.1 to 400$ I heard very good things about them. There only pennies so i took a chance on them and they have performed beyond the standard i was thinking.
    (for the cost)I have heard energy and polk rti series. And i can say they can hang with them. I have the av-f5, av-sc, av-pb2& onkyo 601.I have heard the b&w,they are very nice, but just cause they cost $$$$. I like the quality and Fluance has shown me that they can produce a competitive product. burn in is the key. i have had them for three months now i they are great. my advice, if you have the money to afford the b&w. It would not hurt you to buy the fluance and if you don't like them you could just move them to another room. but I do some searching on other fluance owners and see how they feel about them. thats two cents[​IMG]

5. Ian-Fl

Ian-Fl Second Unit

I've listened to a friends high end system that costs the same as a new car. If you listen to alot of music you'll hear the difference. Highs, mids and lows have a fullness in sound that can be compared to savoring a fine wine.
    The Fluance Sx-Htb I would compare it to a modest priced wine neither great nor bad but certainly not memorable.
    I do think that listening to a movie sound track is the great equalizer.
    After listening to gun shots or tires squealing for the umteenth time it doesn't make alot of difference. I do believe it's important to find the best sub in either case that you can afford because some of the best theater experiences come from the low end.