Fluance SV Center

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Jimi C, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Jimi C

Jimi C Screenwriter

Ill just make this easy and copy and paste my email to fluance and there response. I dont know if anyone cares but, here it is.

" I am planning on purchasing the avsc center channel in the next week or so, it will be paired up with my SV10 mains. However, before I jump into this, I was curious as to weather or not there are any plans to release a Center channel designed specifically to match the SV10's. I ask because I noticed that you recently released the SV6 bookshelves and I would prefer to get the best possible match for my mains, even if it means waiting a few weeks or even months.

Regards,"

there email back to me, in all its glorious detail.

"Hello, the SV center channel will be available in the next 6 months or so.

Thanks,
    Sales @ Fluance"

2. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

The SV-6 bookshelfs are not really a proper match for the SV-10 mains. They use different tweeter and woofer types and i'm guessing the crossover's aren't designed w/ timbre match in mind. The SV-6 bookshelfs are designed to match the mains included in the SX-HTB (which is odd since the center and surrounds in the SX-HTB are not).

3. Jimi C

Jimi C Screenwriter

odd, so are you saying that you think the sv center is being designed to go with the mains from the sxhtb also?

4. Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer

I have no clue on which the SV center will be voice-matched to. I really wish I could get a package consisting of the SX-HTB mains, SV-6 surrounds, and a center to match the two. I bet they could do it for around $300. The SX-HTB is a great value but if you're going to do a great package like that atleast make all the speakers voice-matched.

5. marc_manny

marc_manny Stunt Coordinator

Hmmm makes me think. They say this on their web site.

Does that mean voice matched or that they all have the same finish. Now I am starting to think it is a play on words.

Marc

6. Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer

The surrounds and center are not matched to the mains. They use different driver compliments. While it's possible that they were still designed to be a close match, they won't be as close as speakers designed to be matched and use the same drivers.