What's new

Fluance SV-10?s weird. (1 Viewer)

RyanJE

Second Unit
I have a pair Fluance SV-10's and I noticed something that seems weird. They have dual binding posts for Bi-amp or Bi-wire. Theres a metal bridge for single use. I took the bridge off and connected my speaker wires to the bottom terminals for the LF. There were a lot of voices comming out of the sub. Is that weird??

Jimi C

Screenwriter
No.. you have them hooked up wrong. Since you are not bi-wiring them, You need the bridge to feed a signal to the midrange and tweeter.

RyanJE

Second Unit
I know, i did that on purpose to test the woofer regardless of the HF. I guess the reciever is still going to send all frequncies though huh? Hey you got a sub with your set up? if so what? I was looking at the DB-200

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If your speakers are set to large in the receiver setup, then yes, you get full range at the speaker. You hear voices because voices can extend well into lower midrange.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Do they state the crossover freq from driver to driver for the speaker.

With the LF post wired up (no straps hooked up) and a full range signal sent to it, there could be a few reasons why your hearing some higher freq information.

Leaky & or poorly designed crossovers using cheap/er components, being one of them.

If it's a 2 way speaker then you would naturaly hear some higher freq material when only the LF speaker posts are wired up with no straps.

Not knowing the SV-10 personaly, I certainly can't say....!

On a side note:
Even with higher end speaks that are Bi or even Tri Wireable/Ampable, there is a very "small" if that IMO, sound difference as opposed to leaving the straps/bars/wire on the posts and (NOT Bi-wiring)... "Some" say they hear a big difference, but many question if this was done in a D-blind test, could they then pick out the bi-wired speaker/s over the single wired/straped, & everytime...

Certainly some $$$$ speakers are of much higher quaility and a difference when Bi-wired might be more noticable.

Bi-amping on the other hand, done properly, can make a huge difference. Few will argue that point, aside from "how to do it right"...

Many threads on both these subjects. A search will bring plenty to read if your so inclined...

Cheers

Jimi C

Screenwriter

I do have a sub, its a Dayton 10" from parts express.

SV-10
crossover frequency: 800/3500hz phase coherent

RyanJE

Second Unit
Thanks everyone, Im new to HT so Im learning all I can. I found a Sub, a JBL E250 for 200 shipped. Cant wait to try it out!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks