What's new

Fluance Sub (1 Viewer)

Vincent M

Grip
Anyone? I'm thinking about getting their 12" 200 watt sub along with the SX-HTB. Anybody take a chance with their subs yet?

Kevin L K

Second Unit
Hi Andy,

Not to be negative but BE AFRAID...VERY AFRAID.

The thing that REALLY bothers the hell out of me about their site is that this is what it states for the subs:

"Key Features...More details coming soon"

"Specifications...More details coming soon"

Give me a 'freakin break--their site has said this for over 5 months now--almost half a year!!! They are actually selling these subs but DO NOT list any specs for them other then driver size and amp power--how sad--what are they hiding?

I hear their speakers are great for their price points and i'm not bashing Fluance but something is very wrong if a company that has been selling subs for over 5 months now won't even list the specs. Whether it's just an oversight or just laziness does not bode well for Fluance.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
FWIW, I was told by Fluance that the specs are not available because they are still being tested and measured in the lab. They did not give a date when they would release the results.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Andy for a similar cost I'd go with a more proven performer such as this kit here. Its a passive design though so you'd still need to purchase an amp to power it but really any old receiver from a pawn shop would work ok if cost were tight. I powered a similar sub with an old heath kit amp I found for $40 and it was plenty loud.

Kevin L K

Second Unit

Nothing against you David but what Fluance told you is a total crock--it's laughable--unless they told you this 6 months ago. It takes 6 months to do anechoic testing of frequency sweeps???? 6 months???? It shoud not take a commercial audio company this long to test when they only have 2 models. How can they have the gall to sell subs on their website--for almost 6 months now--and claim they have not finished testing the units? Why are they selling them if they haven't tested them?

Again, this is nothing against you David, and again I'm NOT trying to bash Fluance, but it's just sleazy whan a company tries to pull crap like this. They should be called to the carpet when they make such statements/claims.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
I dont think that anyone has bought one of these. I cannot find a review anywhere. I wish you would buy it just so i could find out whether or not its crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks