What's new

Fluance owners? (1 Viewer)

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
I am looking to move my JBL's in the basement and find an affordable set of speakers for the living room for just viewing tv. Been looking at the Fluance set for $200.

I have read the reviews but is this really any good? The mains are really 3 way bookshelf speakers. My Dayton Tinby mighty will also stay in the living room as i have just finished a Shiva.

How does this set sound with music?

Are the mains in the lower model package the same as the ones sold in black veneer separately? Specs look the same.

I would love for these to fit the bill but I am having a hard time convincing myself.

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
O.k. Let me ask this...

I just bought a pair of Bose 401's and 301's for $150. Which is better, the Fluance set for $200 or the Bose?

Travis_R

Stunt Coordinator
you get two towers, a center and two rears for under 300 with fluance, for under 400 you can add bi-polar sides and have a matching 7.1 setup..... Personally I dont like bose, but if you got all 4 speakers for 150 bucks, thats not a bad price

Max F

Second Unit
Dorian,

How do you like your new shiva sub compared to the dayton. I'm thinking about building a tempest.

Alan M

Second Unit
I have the Fluance SX set.Its the next set up from the $199 set.Nope, they will not sound like $1000 speakers,but for $250 ,you'll be amazed at how good they sound.

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
Max,

I am still fine tuning the Shiva. When i brought it upstairs and placed it in the same spot as my Dayton, it vibrated my windows to no end. I have been playing with placement and even plugged the port. It does much better in my basement (where it will eventually be anyway). The low end from the Shiva is deceiving. I will say my 120 watt plate amp barely does the job. It will make the Shiva move but i think I would like a 250 watt amp anyway.

Right now I am trimming out the mdf with 3/4" pine tongue and groove with a tabletop finish. It weighs almost 80 pounds. Even with it cranking i place a cd player on top and it does not skip. A very stout box-no resonance.

The Dayton will stay in my living room. It performs very well and i won't get rid of it anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks