Fluance htb-sx

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mikey Ber, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Mikey Ber

Mikey Ber Stunt Coordinator

they came yesterday. well worth the money. they came doubled boxed, and only took 3 days to get them. can't believe the total came out to only $318 (that's including shipping). I have them teamed up with an Yamaha 5540 receiver, and should be getting a Rava sub shortly. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Eric Anglum

Eric Anglum Auditioning

I've been using the Fluance SX HTB speakers for about a month now. I have nothing but great things to say about them. For the price, I can not believe the sound quality that these speakers produce. I now have around 30 hours on these and I must say they sound much better than the day I installed them. I'm not only surprised by the sound quality, but the build quality as well.

I do have one of "those" friends with a Bose surround system (small cubes) and he was amazed by the sound of these speakers. He made a comment of how they sound 10x better than his, as he put it, over priced Bose system.

I have my theater setup in a smaller room (12x14) without a sub. Right now it doesnt sound too bad at all, but I am looking for a sub. I was ready to buy the DLS, but now they are no longer available. I've noticed that you were ready to buy one as well, now you are looking at a "Rava" sub? Where can I find information about this? Thanks.

BTW, this is my first post....I've been lurking for a few months now. I figured it was time to join... [​IMG]

3. Mikey Ber

Mikey Ber Stunt Coordinator

I really wanted a DLS. I spoke with Darren from partsexpress last week. A replacement for the DLS is up in the air at this time.

I looked at some of the subs at the B&M places, and really didn't care for any of them. I hate buying from places that know nothing about the products they are selling. For the Rava...I look into DIY a copy version of the Rava, and the cost for materials would run around $325, not including my time building it. The 250 watt Rava has the Shiva driver in it which is highly rated. When you can do a search on this forum, read about the shiva driver and the Rava subwoofer. The Rava Subwoofer cost $399 plus shipping, and it is highly rated and is just as good or better as subwoofers costing more. The SVS subwoofers are great, but with a starting price of $549...is money I dont want to spend. The Sony wm40 is suppose to be good at around $149 also.

Hope this helps.

Mike

4. Alan M

Alan M Second Unit

Glad you guys like your fluance sx-htb systems.I've had mine for about 3 months and the sound just gets better and better. it took along time for them to really open up,but when they did wow.
    I've got mine being pushed by the yammi 5560 and have them complimented by a 15" sub.The 1st couple of days,I played them alone to hear the sound with sub off and I'm still amazed at the clarity of sound these produce.
    Once you get your subs hooked up and watch that 1st movie,its a whole new ballgame.A good sub will really make this system sing(no pun inteneded,ok,so maybe a small pun,hehe).
    Happy shopping for your subs.