What's new

Fluance driver pics (1 Viewer)

WilliamMc

Stunt Coordinator
I just found a review of the fluance av-htb, and it contains pics of the removed drivers.

This forum won't allow a url, but if you go to

gamingin3d.com

Then click on review, and finally scroll to the bottom of the page, you will find the pics.

Are there any driver experts here that can comment on those drivers? Do the get a thumbs up or thumbs down?

Also, I'm ready to buy these speakers but need a push. Have they been directly compared to any of they other online retailed speakers? I'm wondering if they are closer to energy or KLH speakers.

Topher

Stunt Coordinator
Do a search on these forums, they have gotten extremely positive reviews from everyone. At their price, they are an incredible value. Also check the review on CNET of the AV-HTB.

WilliamMc

Stunt Coordinator
I have read many positive reviews, but haven't seen any direct comparisons.

Oh, could someone with over 15 posts, please post the direct url to the pics to make things a little easier for those that would like to view them? thanks!

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
In general :thumbsdown:

For $200 :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Not bad. I can't believe they just don't charge $300, as they would still sell them like mad.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Let's put it this way..

For a $200.00 speaker set they are very suprisingly built..
You couldn't buy all the materials and DIY them all that
cheap, really!

Not bad at all.. I would like to see the backside of the
ES1's and the inside of the cabinets.

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
Their equation is probably to build them with a small profit margin and sell a buttload to make up for it. The drivers are cheap, but if you're the tweaking type, you could build a little MDF or plywood box to go behind the midrange hole, add some stuffing to the box, and rebuild the crossover according to the crossover frequencies supplied but using better, beefier components. I may advise a friend of mine to try and get the Fluance SV-10 to replace a pair of aging Sonys. Then I will perform the above modifications to it, but probably shift the woofer crossover down to something like 300 Hz instead of their 800. The speakers this thread is discussing seem to be pretty good, though, and I will suggest that he check these out.

It would really not be a big deal for KLH to start making decent speakers like this and sell them on the web. The parts and construction look like things that KLH is capable of.

Topher

Stunt Coordinator
If you are asking about a direct comparison with other speaker companies, I wouldn't know even where to start. It is very hard to do that with ANY speakers, comparisons should only be done by the person buying the speakers. To listen to someone elses opinion on how something sounds it simply folly. I could think they sound like my Polks, and someone else might think they sound like Paradigms. Yet another person may think they sound like Creative computer speakers. Who knows, for the price it isn' worth worrying about, you won't find anything comparible in quality for that price, that much I am sure of.

WilliamMc

Stunt Coordinator
Well, Now I'm kinda stuck between the av-htb, and the sx-htb. After reading some threads about the finish on these speakers, I have a question. Can anybody tell me about both the beechwood and black finishes? Have any of you fluance owners seen the finish of the Klipsch synergy speakers? I have a pair with a black ash vinyl finish, and I very happy with the appearence. The finish looks very close to the real thing, and you can even feel the grain pattern, as it is imprinted into the vinyl. Very nice!! Is the fluance finish anything like this, or is it that cheap thin photo copy stuff like on bush particle board furiniture. Can you feel the grain pattern?please be honest ;)

WilliamMc

Stunt Coordinator
Never got a response about the finish? I still would like to know if the vinyl is the thick good stuff, with grain you can feel,(klipsch) or if you can scratch it off with your fingernail, like cheap computer desks?

WilliamMc

Stunt Coordinator
I final bump....

considering an order tomorrow morning, and I'm just gathering last minute info!

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
I've got the AV-HTB (black). I wouldn't say it's a flimsy coat by far - with the Shih-tzu hyperactive puppy running around, the cat occasionally jumping up on one (before we started putting stuff on top of them), door banging into one, etc, they haven't been scratched. But they're not exactly super quality works of art, either!!

I would say functionally painted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks