Floyd Fans - The Making of Dark side of the Moon

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Chuck Kent, Sep 7, 2003.

1. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

I looked and could not find any info on the board for this new DVD. A few random thoughts...

Ever since I first saw and enjoyed PF Live at Pompeii, I wanted to see more of the making of Dark Side in the studio (that was part of the Pompeii film.)

After Eagle Rock Entertainment started the Classic Album series, I hoped and hoped that they would someday come out with a DSOTM version. (Their Elton John Goodbye Yellow Brick Road is extremely well done.) Of course I was always skeptical that it might never happen because of all the squableling between Roger and the others.

But lo and behold, it's here! I had read that Region 2 would be out late August but didn't expect to see it as Reg. 1 until later this fall. But I recently walked into BB and there were about a dozen copies.

IMO, it's worth every cent (and it must have been on sale because it was marked 19.99 but rang out as 14.99.) They go thru the master tapes, talk with Alan Parsons and the band even plays some demo versions of the Dark Side classics. If you are a DSOTM fan, this is a must!!!

2. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

3. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

Thanks Greg! I searched back a couple of weeks and couldn't find anything. I figured someone would post after it came out???

4. Kenny_H

Kenny_H Stunt Coordinator

After steering clear of buying dvds (due to budget), I saw this sitting on the shelf at J&R Music World and just had to have it!!! I have the SACD and vinyl versions and am waiting on Sony's DVP-CX985V SACD/DVD/CD changer to play the SACD on. I didn't about the other titles listed in the adjacent thread, except for the Stevie Wonder. Seems I have some catching up to do!!!