What's new

Flowbee and Robocut (1 Viewer)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Does anyone have either haircutter? I'd like to get some opinions on them. My main concern is how they handle tapering.

~T

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Man, I'd love something like this. I hate getting my hair cut. Being able to hook up a vaccumn and do it in 3 minutes in my own bathroom would rock.

Unfortunately, I'm told they make you look ridiculous, so I'm afraid to try one... I'd love to hear any info that says otherwise.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Hey tony- where do you get your hair cut?

generally I go to the campus barber shop, but they're CLOSED until after labor day.

I'd love to have a flobee too, I HATE going to the barber.

Louis Stettiner

Stunt Coordinator
OH man How can you not like getting your hair CUT. Well I do like getting my hair cut.
The Place I go has really hot woman Cutting hair. need I say more. I know them all by name go to parties with them Christ I even dated one of them some time back. What could be better than that? Talk about getting a CUT AND A BLOW:D :D

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
hahah I go to the barber on campus. These guys have been there for something like 40 years. Do a great job, I just hate going in because it's in the union in the middle of campus and parking sucks when school is in. Plus they're REEEALLY busy, so if you don't call before like 10am they're booked for the day.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
haha yeah, tom and jerry are uh.. interesting ;)
I haven't had a haircut since um, mid june, I'm MORE than due, but they charge 13 bucks at the campus shop, and like I said are closed until september

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Hehe, I've been cutting my own hair for over 5 years, ever since my junior year in high school. I used to have my aunt do it but I ended up doing it myself. Several bald spots and 5 years later, I don't even need a mirror to cut the back of my hair! :D BTW, talk about saving me a bunch of money!!

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
I finally found a real barber shop in town after paying $13 for a shitty haircut or $24 for a mediocre haircut at those mall places. Its $11 and looks exactly how I want it. Also, they're rarely busy. The first time I wanted to try them out, I called and said
"do you take walk-ins or appointments"
"walk-ins only"
"how long will the wait be?"
"If you were here right now, you'de be in the chair"
:D I love real barbers

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
It's pretty tough to screw up with the Wahl unless I'm inattentive. With no attachments it's darn close to shaving. I have been known to leave strips of uncut hair once in a while.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
I've had a Flowbee for quite a few years and it has paid for itself about 500 times over. It cuts very well and leaves no mess. The only drawback is that you get the same haircut every time, but that's fine with me. Anytime I can save time and money I'm all for it.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
With a shaver. I forgot to mention that it doesn't work well on shorter hair. It'a not really a problem though.

Jim J

Second Unit
I have a robocut that I've used once for my 2yo. I think it is easier to do a taper with Robo vs the flowbee because the robo is 'infinitely adjustable' for length. with the basic package you can go any where from 1" to 6". O think the flowbee you can 1" of 2" or 3" etc. Don't quote me tho

My son was not into haircuts for a while, and he loves the vacuum, so it seemed like a perfect combo. He tolerated the cut. It turned out pretty good, I thought, for the first try.

His last cut was done the usual way with scissors by my M-I-L (his daily Child care giver), but it took all day, he wouldn't sit still.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks