What's new

Floppy diskette drive no longer works (1 Viewer)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
When I put in a diskette and try to read it, it says no diskette in drive after a few seconds. Control panel device manager says all devices including floppy drive and floppy controller working ok.

So, I tried removing the device in control manager and re-installing it. Same thing. I tried removing both the floppy and floppy controller and reinstalling both. Same problem.

I have another new floppy diskette drive so I removed the old one and installed the new one. Add hardware wizard picked it up with no problem. It still does not work. All diskettes I put into it end in the same result... "no diskette in drive"

What am I missing?

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
It seems I am a step closer. I had checked the bios but I did not think of setting 3rd mode support as I had though it was for Japan 1.2Mb only. Anyway, I set it to 3rd mode. Now when I pop in a diskette, it says diskette is not formatted, do you want to format now? When I pop in a diskette, it does not display the contents like I want it to though.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Problem is now fixed. I replaced flopy i/o cable and set 3rd mode to disable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks