Floor standing speakers "Genesis

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by NickSI, Jan 26, 2005.

1. NickSI

NickSI Stunt Coordinator

alright my father gave me two old speakers that are pretty good but my father put in crappy replacement woofers in it because the original woofers disintegrated. the speakers are Genesis physics group. they were based out of new hampshire. while surfing i found this man who used to work at Genesis and is now making new parts for them. i love these beautiful speakers and they are just the right size. should i talk to this man the replacement woofers are ~$60 a piece or should i get a new set. the dimensions i need are ~28" tall ~14" wide and ~10" deep.

2. PaulcM

PaulcM Auditioning

amazing - i have a pair of genesis sitting in my closet. i always liked them. i thought they were a very accurate set of speakers for the money. i wanted to go to bookshelf speakers, thats why i don't use them now. i had to have the foam surrounds replaced a few times but was never able to kill the speakers. i've had mine since '81 or so. i'm biased on this but, if you spend 120 bucks on the woofers what other speakers could you get for that. there are other concerns, are the cross-overs ok? are the tweeters ok? i'm not sure where you find a replacement for the tweeters. what model are they? how did you find this guy thats doing parts?

3. Joe-M

Joe-M Auditioning

These are supported by Huw Powell at humanspeakers. Just do a search and you will find his site. These are fine speakers and if you don't mind an older style speaker they will out perform all but the most expensive speakers. Of course this is subjective but if you have them get 'em out, re-foam 'em if necessary, and give them a test drive. If you want to wow your friends (and yourself) with looks these may not be the answer, but chances are, these are better than the speakers you are using.

4. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Here ya go – look for the Genesis link.

http://www.humanspeakers.com/index.html

Probably anything you need for these speakers Huw has available. SInce you mention yours are floor standing, that means you have one of their better models. Definitely worth the fix.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt