What's new

Floor Stand Speakers for Onkyo TX-SR706 (1 Viewer)

maomao

Auditioning
Real Name
Jerry Mao
I am planning to build a HT system in my family room, but my budget is limited ($1000-$1200), so I am thinking to get a receiver and two front floor stand speakers firstly. Onkyo TX-SR706 will be on my top list of reciever, can someone recommand 2 decent floor stand speakers to fit my budget? Thank you very much

for watching TV, movies, music(not classic), games

my connections:
Samsung LN52A650
an old DVD player
Wii
TV cable box

If you think Onkyo TX-SR706 is too much for me (also thinking SR606 $300) or something else, your opinion will be really appreciated. Thank you

bambam

Grip
Real Name
Ben
Hello there...
I am running the Onkyo 605, with some KEF IQ-7'S as fronts... granted I have the entire surround sound set up with KEF all around and 10" KEF sub, I know for a fact these fronts sound great. I had them hooked up alone before I had an opportunity to drill into the walls and hang the surrounds, and they do hit low, and have a great sound stage. They are bi-wireable, and the Onkyo is capable of this as well. I think they would make a great starting point. I picked mine up for about $400 a piece. Good luck!

btw, the rest of this KEF Q-series line is quite impressive, and will definitely make u happy if you decide to go this route!

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Don't waste your time with the bi-wiring or worry whether the receiver supports it or not (search the forum for long flame wars on bi-wiring for more info). Note that I'm not poo-pooing the Onkyo/KEF option... just saying that the bi-wire should not be a factor in your decision.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
All speakers and amps can be bi-wired. Bi-amping is another matter entirely, and of dubious benefit in most cases. As was already said, there have been plenty of arguments about it. What I notice is that a lot of people who discuss it don't know what it is, which has already been shown here.

I wonder why you know you want floor standing speakers? I would just try and audition as many possible models, floor standing or not. Speakers are the most personal part of a system and nobody can tell you what you will like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Righ
Recent bookmarks