What's new

Floor protection from speaker bases (1 Viewer)

ChuckCavin

Auditioning
I have the traditional spiked feet on the bottom of my Keilidhs. Each of these feet sits in the dimple of a "skeet," which is a steel casing with a rubber bottom that protects the hardwood floor. The problem I have is that my dog will bump the speaker about once a week, knocking one or more of the feet off the dimple. He doesn't do it hard, but it's enough that I have to reseat the pads every time. To me, the solution is to have the rubber footpad as an integral part of the feet so they cannot separate. Assuming I have explained this clearly, does anyone know if something exists along these lines?
Thanks,
Chuck

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
well if you made it a solid connection you'd be loosing some of what you gain with the spikes. i'd try and connect the bottom pad to the spike with something that isn't going to make it a solid conneciton but enough to make the pad move with the spike. How about using that blu-tack around the spike and pad or a dab of hot glue? as long as the bottom bad slide along with the spike when bumped it should do ok.
------------------
The Pratt Home Theater

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks