What's new

Flood M.Powell (New FCC Chairman) with emails an letters!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Debra F

Agent
First statement by the NEW FCC CHAIRMAN....M. Powell
Just a piece from his statement...sounds kind of weak to me!
I believe the goverment should move the industry along in this area.
Leaving it up to the industry and it will move at a snails pace!
Debra
PS Thanks Scott for bringing this to our attention :)
Quote from M.Powell's statement:
On the slow transition TV broadcasters are going through to move from analog to digital technologies, Powell said the FCC should clarify the legal and regulatory environment, but added that primary responsibility rested with the industry and the marketplace. "The vast portion of the digital-TV transition and whether it succeeds or fails does not rest in the hands of the government,"*
------------------
"Knowledge Is Power"
"Your Thoughts Create Your Destiny"

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
That seems like an idle exercise. Part of this administration's platform is deregulation. HDTV is one of the more blatant forms of regulation. Ergo, it's going to go out the window. Hey, I didn't vote for him, don't blame me.

CarlS

Stunt Coordinator
He may want to sit idly by and let the market take care of itself, but the fact is that Republicans and Democrats have already planned on how they are going to spend the $50 billion from the NTSC spectrum auction. The auction was delayed again recently, but will likely come off this summer and try as they might, analog broadcasters are going to have to get off of the spectrum for the wireless companies.
Many of them are delaying to strongarm the wireless set to pay them to leave early. This is a big reason why they are in no hurry to add transmitters or programming. Money talks, and when Congress comes calling to the FCC for that $50 billion, his attitude will be different.

orestes

Second Unit
Real Name
Orestes
I didn't vote for this president either! Let's all blame it on Florida's election results!
I don't think this president or the FCC new chairman will do a bit of good for HD. Period!
Sincerely,
orestes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks