What's new

Flipper on DVD (1 Viewer)

JamesC1

Agent
Real Name
James Caton
Is it possible to order this if you live in the UK? I put an order on Amazon on 9th August, its been nearly a week and it has not been shipped. I looked at the comments for this set on Amazon and saw that someone else put an order who is from London. He never received his set and said Amazon does not ship this set outside of the US. When I put my order in there were no mention of No International buyers. Anyway I have cancelled my order from Amazon. I would like to know if there were any other place I could order from?
I own Season 1 and I would like to have Season 2.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Related to "Flipper" & maybe its old news, but thought I would share:

Just watched "The Cove" last night. An excellent documentary about dolphin captures & slaughtering in Japan. It won the Academy Award this year for best documentary.

Richard O'Barry was the trainer of the original "Flipper" dolphins. He is the star of this doc with the majority of screen time.

"Flipper" TV discussion, footage & rare, behind the scenes footage is prominently featured throughout the movie.

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
I was very disappointed when I learned that Flipper season 2 was an 'on demand' title as living in the UK this meant that it wasn't available to me. However it looks as if season 2 of the original Flipper didn't last long as available from Amazon. Can you read anything into it? Does this mean it might be re-released sometime in the future as a 'shops' release. Or was there other reasons for its short time on Amazon. Does anyone know please? Thanks.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Flipper Season 2 is back up for ordering on Amazon, but the price is $53.99, which if my memory serves me correct, is quite a bit higher than it was previously.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisALM
Flipper Season 2 is back up for ordering on Amazon, but the price is $53.99, which if my memory serves me correct, is quite a bit higher than it was previously.
Your memory is correct. I picked this up for only $31.99 from Amazon when it was first released.

Gary "that price is way too high, IMHO" O.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I'll be danged if I'd bite the bullet right now and order S2 if I didn't already have it. The episodes look fine, very much like the S1 transfers. better to buy than to miss out and have to fork up 3 times that much later. ;)

So...Season 3...? $53.99 is fine by me on it. I got that much in the sofa cushions... can I order somewhere...?

*prepares to wait a long time for an answer*

Cowboy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
I see Flipper Season 2 is still MOD only at $58.Will Season 3 be released?I prefer the Warner
MOD,all the sets I got direct from them were pressed and discounted.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
younger1968 said:
I would love to see the rest of Flipper released. I remember watching this show as a kid!!
Me, too. It came on Sunday mornings on WMC from Memphis. It was "Gospel Singing Jubilee," "Petticoat Junction" and then "Flipper."

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I don't remember when I originally watched Flipper. But I remember in the 80s it was on around Mr. Wizard early in the morning. I still have a few tapes with flipper and Mr. Wiz on them.

I watched Season 3 an awfully long time ago. Now Season 3 is a day one. I'd really like it now. I'd pay $58 for it today.

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
With all the new seasons of Flipper being released can anyone please tell me why season 3 of Flipper is still unreleased. It appears that seasons 1 and 2 are still available so they must still be selling. And the new seasons of Flipper are all available but not season 3. And help will be much appreciated on this.

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
I'd be all-in for a release of Season 3 AND a re-release of Season 1 on non-flipper discs! The prints for the first two seasons look outstanding!

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
I have heard that Flipper was released in some countries last month on Blu-ray. Does anyone know if the series has recently been remastered and if so if there is a chance of it being released in America and Europe complete and on bluray? Many thanks.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Wikipedia proclaims it's available on that format in Asia, but conveniently doesn't provide any source to back it up.

Even if it is, that doesn't necessarily mean much. Look at how the Ginger Rogers/Fred Astaire Blu-Ray's from Japan have been received by the few unfortunate importers that took a chance, for an example.

Could be the same SD transfers slapped on Blu-Ray.

Ferdinand Hudson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ronnie
Well, I've cross checked with Amazon Japan, YesAsia and CDJapan and got zilch. Either a complete lie or some entity putting out bootlegs of it but in the case of the latter such would have turned up on eBay so I'm betting on it being the former.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks