What's new

Flip an RP HDTV on its head? (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
My subwoofer sits smack in between my setup. I cannot put an RP HDTV there, unless... Unless I could flip the Projector TV on its head. Is there a way to do this? Can you flip the image upside down and left to right?

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
No! Don't do it!! You'll break the TV that way!

Not sure I understand why you can't set it up normally.

_Man_

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
The space where the TV is supposed to go is occupied by a Mirage BPS-400 subwoofer. Yes, I could put the subwoofer somewhere else, but the subwoofer works the absolute best right where it is sitting. Oh well. I think I may ditch my 32" TV and instead of getting a widescreen RPTV, I think I may get an LCD Front Projector after all.

:)

Doug_B

Screenwriter
You could always get an equalizer for the sub, which would allow more placement flexibility. But I also support the front proj idea :D .

Doug

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Well, if FP is feasible, then by all means. :D

Hey, Doug, how are you enjoying your new FP setup so far?

When will we see some screenshots? :D

_Man_

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Yeah. Actually. I might keep the TV or get another smaller one. I could just swing the TV out of the way when watching movies. It depends how I have it done. Front Projection is my prefered option. I have thought of the EQ idea. Put the subwoofer in the corner and EQ the peaks out, saving power in the process. I'll see. Perhaps I'll check around Toronto for a BFD. Might allow me to keep my TV and use FRONT projection. The best of both worlds for a regular cable guy who watches DVD's :)

Doug_B

Screenwriter
When will we see some screenshots?
I'm not one who believes there's much value in web posting screenshots. I could probably make shots from my 35" SDTV look like ones from my projector. Who knows, maybe I'll fold from the public pressure :) .

Doug

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
So I could put my subwoofer right smack in the corner and use the BFD to obtain a decent response? My subwoofer sounds rather poor in my small messed up room. The room is 12 feet by 14 feet and 7 feet high with panel walls and no drywall but three concrete floors. Its messed up. Whats worse, is my subwoofer is a Mirage BPS-400 so its a monster.

Doug_B

Screenwriter
Chris,

Generally, the answer is Yes. I would suggest that if you have add'l questions on equalizing your sub, you post them on the Speakers and Subwoofer forum. I will leave you with one more thought. Sometimes there are dips in the room response at a given freq that cannot be counteracted with an equalizer. In general, one will have more success removing / smoothing out peaks than jacking up dips.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snaves