Flip an RP HDTV on its head?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris PC, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

My subwoofer sits smack in between my setup. I cannot put an RP HDTV there, unless... Unless I could flip the Projector TV on its head. Is there a way to do this? Can you flip the image upside down and left to right?

2. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    No! Don't do it!! You'll break the TV that way!

Not sure I understand why you can't set it up normally.

_Man_

3. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

The space where the TV is supposed to go is occupied by a Mirage BPS-400 subwoofer. Yes, I could put the subwoofer somewhere else, but the subwoofer works the absolute best right where it is sitting. Oh well. I think I may ditch my 32" TV and instead of getting a widescreen RPTV, I think I may get an LCD Front Projector after all.

[​IMG]

4. Doug_B

Doug_B Screenwriter

You could always get an equalizer for the sub, which would allow more placement flexibility. But I also support the front proj idea [​IMG] .

Doug

5. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    Well, if FP is feasible, then by all means. [​IMG]

Hey, Doug, how are you enjoying your new FP setup so far?

When will we see some screenshots? [​IMG]

_Man_

6. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Yeah. Actually. I might keep the TV or get another smaller one. I could just swing the TV out of the way when watching movies. It depends how I have it done. Front Projection is my prefered option. I have thought of the EQ idea. Put the subwoofer in the corner and EQ the peaks out, saving power in the process. I'll see. Perhaps I'll check around Toronto for a BFD. Might allow me to keep my TV and use FRONT projection. The best of both worlds for a regular cable guy who watches DVD's [​IMG]

7. Doug_B

Doug_B Screenwriter

8. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

So I could put my subwoofer right smack in the corner and use the BFD to obtain a decent response? My subwoofer sounds rather poor in my small messed up room. The room is 12 feet by 14 feet and 7 feet high with panel walls and no drywall but three concrete floors. Its messed up. Whats worse, is my subwoofer is a Mirage BPS-400 so its a monster.

9. Doug_B

Doug_B Screenwriter

Chris,

Generally, the answer is Yes. I would suggest that if you have add'l questions on equalizing your sub, you post them on the Speakers and Subwoofer forum. I will leave you with one more thought. Sometimes there are dips in the room response at a given freq that cannot be counteracted with an equalizer. In general, one will have more success removing / smoothing out peaks than jacking up dips.

Doug