What's new

"Flight of the Navigator" in June! (1 Viewer)

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I'll be picking this up along with Cloak & Dagger whenever it comes out. It's anamorphic and that's good enough for a purchase.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Saw this over the weekend. Sorry to say, this movie did not age well (content-wise). I was about 11 when it came out, and I don't recall being too taken with it back then, so maybe that's why.

Transfer was decent-about what you'd expect for a 18 year old catalog title. Oh, and Sarah Jessica Parker sure looked cute in this one!

Jay Gunn

Stunt Coordinator
Andrew, I felt the same way after watching it this past weekend for the first time in probably close to ten years. The first half of the movie is still pretty good to me, but it all gets kind of rushed and too silly in the second half. I still think it's a great premise for a story, but then it feels like the filmmakers didn't know how to wrap it up. Still good for the nostalgic value for me, at least.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I got my copy today in the mail. I was disappointed in the print. There was noticeable grain and dirt. Also on the box it was surround sound and there is none. It's only Dolby Pro Logic 2.1. The only thing that's DD 5.1 is the Disney cut scenes. Kinda disappointing but I still love this movie.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I just watched this DVD last night, and I disagree with the comments regarding the Dolby 2.0 track. I think this was a very active Pro-Logic track and benefitted the movie quite well. Both the theatrical score and many of the effects came through effectively through my rear channels. I think this was an excellent soundtrack, considering the technology. I've heard Dolby 5.1 tracks with less active rear activity than this.

As for the movie, I was right, this film was just as great as an adult as it was for me as a child! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks