What's new

Flight of the navigator dvd release? (1 Viewer)

Gavin_L

Second Unit
this was one of my favorite movies as a child, Flight of the Navigator . Watching this movie brings back so many memories from when i was little. I currently have this movie recorded on a vhs tape, still searching rental stores for used copies, but still haven't found anyones yet. but I'm hoping that someday that this movie will get the dvd treatment. I really think that this movie would look great in a widescreen format. I know disney kinda sucks at releasing older flicks, but anyways.....
Does anyone know if there are any plans of having the Buena Vista Pictures [us] // Walt Disney Home Video [us] (video) releasing this flick on dvd in region 1?
If not, does anyone know how we could get this flick released on dvd?
thanks for your help in advance for anyone who can anwser my question
later navigator
wink.gif

[Edited last by Gavin_L on September 24, 2001 at 11:34 PM]

Gavin_L

Second Unit
so jeff,what does that mean if its not licensed will it not be released on dvd then? I thought the distributors of this film was disney and buena vista........ Link Removed
Do u think we could see a dvd version in a few years?
on another question to anyone?
so do u think there's anything the fans can do to get this released?

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
First off: welcome to the forum, Gavin.
Second: Disney/BV does indeed own the rights. But they have a reputation for being slow on releasing a film when it's a catalog title...especially if it's a live- action cult item like Flight of the Navigator.
I heard (like Jeff) that Anchor Bay was trying to license this since they usually treat obscure titles like FOTN with the respect it deserves (excellent audio/video, good supplements). But going by Jeff's post, it appears it won't happen...at least not for now.
I can't say how much of a difference it will make, but you could try to create a thread in the Studio and Manufacturer area requesting that Disney/BV release this title. If you get enough replies, perhaps somebody from the studio will notice it; that's a very rare occurrence, but it has been known to happen before. DVD/marketing execs from various studios are well-known for browsing DVD forums like this.
And you could always e-mail Disney/BV to see what they say. Don't expect a timely response though, if you get one at all.
------------------
Have you ever noticed anyone driving slower than you is an idiot? And anyone driving faster than you is a maniac!! - George Carlin
ICQ: 55259446 (or just search for "John Shaft"...can you dig?)
[Edited last by Kevin Leonard on September 25, 2001 at 12:19 AM]

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
No, it just means that Anchor Bay, who was the most likely to put it out the fastest and have extras failed to license it (so I hear). It's up to Disney to put it on their schedual, and they take their sweet time

Gavin_L

Second Unit
thanks kevin and jeff very much for the info and taking time out of your night to to post it, and also Thanks guys for the welcome, u guys rock!!!
Kevin , what board would the Studio and Manufacturer area requesting that Disney/BV release this title be found at?
does anyone also know the e-mail address for Disney/BV?
anyways thanks guys for all the help :)
I guess I'll just pray disney will release it in the next century before the next format to watch movies comes out
wink.gif
maybe by then i'lll have kids and let them watch it
wink.gif

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
does anyone also know the e-mail address for Disney/BV?
The closest I could find to it is this:
http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/ddvd.html
At the bottom of that page should be a link that says "Comments or questions"; click on that to fire off a message to them. But like I said, don't expect a reply...I'd be surprised if they answered e-mails at all.
------------------
Have you ever noticed anyone driving slower than you is an idiot? And anyone driving faster than you is a maniac!! - George Carlin
ICQ: 55259446 (or just search for "John Shaft"...can you dig?)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
When this gets posted over in Studio Feedback, I'll be there to sign up. My wife absolutely adores this film, and I'm fond of it too. It will be a quick buy in our household.
Jeff, are you sure that Anchor Bay didn't license it, or is it just speculation on your part? It's unclear from the wording you chose. Thanks,
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TwinTowers.jpg

Did you want us to respect your cause? You just damned your cause.
Did you want to make us fear? You just steeled our resolve.
Did you want to tear us apart? You just brought us together.
http://www.miami.com/herald/content/...ocs/000565.htm

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Ahhhh Yes, Flight of the navigator. What a great movie and what great memories it brings back.
I have E-mailed Buena Vista before and they have replied.
I will E-mail them now and hope to get a response, Whatever response I get I will tell you.
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
jasvparbanner2.jpg

www.petitiononline.com/UncutDVD
Thank you WILL K for the banner

Gavin_L

Second Unit

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Just to give you a glimmer of hope, I have it on good authority that Disney does indeed peruse this forum. My understanding is that each & every thread pertaining to Disney is e-mailed to the person responsible for whatever is being discussed.
They may not respond, but they do hear us.
------------------
sig.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks