What's new

flickering with dark scenes? (1 Viewer)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
ive done a search and found nothing, so i apologize if this has been discussed before. i have a sony 27" trinitron tv, purchased within a year or two. when i play a dvd, either with my dvd player or ps2, the dark scenes make the tv flicker to the black "video" screen. it was never all that bad, but its terrible now. the man who wasnt there is unwatchable. ive tried different s-video cables, and they dont seem to be any better. through the ps2, i'm using the monster cable ps2/s-video adapter, brand new, and still flickers terribly. i'm not really sure what the problem could be. i have in home service from best buy, i was an employee at the time of purchase, so i got the $60 service plan for $12 or so. but before calling them, i'd like to know whats going on. and naturally, i'll get many more correct answers here than from whoever will come to my house. hope i havent forgotten anything, thanks for any help.

CJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks