Flexy rack question!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikePeroni, Feb 16, 2003.

1. MikePeroni

MikePeroni Stunt Coordinator

Just wondering if you can paint the threaded rod and washer/nut hardware before assembly without having trouble getting the nuts on or chipping the paint on the threaded rods...thanks! Also is there a anti-vibration advantage to using MFD as opposed to plywood??

2. Mike Matheson

Mike Matheson Second Unit

Hi Mike,

I painted (sprayed) my allthread rods before assembly and wished I hadn't. Made getting the nuts on a slow, tedious process. Lost a little paint on the rods. However, I've heard others mention that for them it worked reasonably ok. I didn't have any problems painting the nuts & washers.

How good are you at spraying? [​IMG] (if you try it, be sure it's a really light coat)

Not sure on the vibration stuff (have heard it to be so because of density & other factors, but it's all hearsay to me).

Regards,

Mike

3. Kevin Deacon

Kevin Deacon Second Unit

Don't do it!!! I just assembled a flexy for my son after spraying the rods, nuts and washers. The rods now look like crap and will need to be touched up severely. Oh yeah, I used a light coat of rustoleum black lacquer paint.

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

If you wanted to pretty up the rods, you can also try using cable loom to cover the rods.