What's new

Flexy Rack Progress (1 Viewer)

Jarett

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all,
I've embarked on my first DIY project, which is a Flexy rack to hold my 27" television, my dvd, vcr, xbox, and reciever. It is two components wide and 3 high, so there are 4 peices of 44x22" mdf bords. The holes are drilled, and recently we routed the edges and primed it...i will be painting soon, it will be a deep navy blue.

Just thought i'd let everyone in on the process and any suggestions would be great!

Thanks,

Jay

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
I also made a flexy to hold my TV. I added a smaller flexy on top on the top shelf to hold the center speaker above the TV, you might want to try that too.

RodN

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Jarret,

I just finished my Flexy-rack:

I used laminated mdf (18*2) for 36mm thick shelves. The top is pine stained with rose mahogany.

I have a build diary here if you're interested.

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
Rod, ooh that is sweet !, I love those thick shelves..I may have to copy you and redo mine! ;)

Yeah , what are you using for washers? I dont see any.

RodN

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for that! It's a shame you can't see it IRL, I really surprised myself, looked so much better than I'd hoped for.

You can't see the washers because I painted them black.

I used tap washers for the rubber component. They're a nice stiff rubber and, hopefully because they're tap washers, they'll stand up to the pressure of being compressed for a long time without degrading or losing their memory.

Very satisfying project, recommend it thoroughly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks