Fletch

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Brad M, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Brad M

Brad M Second Unit

I have 4 VHS tapes left to upgrade to dvd. Three of them are the OT Star Wars movies and the other one is Fletch. After doing a quick search with two vendors (Best Buy & deepdiscountdvd) I came up empty and then I checked eBay and found it closing for over $20, some closed for over $30! Anyway, it appears to be OOP, are there any rumblings about a new version coming out soon? FYI, Fletch Lives is $13.99 at deepdiscountdvd so I'm guessing it's still out there.

2. Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre Cinematographer

This is just a guess, but I think Universal may do a "Franchise Collection" flipper of both "Fletch" movies.

3. John*P

John*P Second Unit

Fletch on DVD can easily be found in stores in my area for around $10.00-$15.00 Strange that you're having a hard time locating a copy...

4. Brad M

Brad M Second Unit

That's good news. I guess after work today I'll have to go on a mission to try and find it.

I thought at one point there was a prequel of sorts in the works and that Kevin Smith was involved. Since that was so long ago I'm guessing it was either a false rumor or the project never got underway.

5. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

I am pretty sure "Fletch Won" is still a go, they are just in the beginning stages. I have been an avid View Askew follower for a several years, and it is sad that it is taking so long, but Kevin is a busy man.

Ryan

6. Ken Bentley

Ken Bentley Second Unit

well from what i been hearing and reading the fletch dvd is now OOP... and it is going for like $30+ on ebay...

glade i already own this dvd... and it is tough to fidn round here even online retailers dotn seem to have it.. amazon only has used copys for like $30 also.. good lukc finding it...